Wal-Mart Worker Dies When Shoppers Break Down Doors

HK4U

Boris sent this to me today. This is insane. If people act like a bunch of crazed wild animals over a few bargains what could we expect to see if we have a real crisis in this country like a famine? God help us.

Link Removed

Wal-Mart Worker Dies When Shoppers Break Down Doors
Friday, November 28, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

Black Friday took a grim turn when a Wal-Mart employee in New York died after bargain hunters broke down the doors to the store.

The 34-year-old male employee was pronounced dead one hour after shoppers broke down the doors to the shopping center in Valley Stream, N.Y., and knocked him down at around 5 a.m. Friday, police said.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," Jimmy Overby, the man's 43-year-old co-worker told the New York Daily News. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too ... I literally had to fight people off my back."

A 28-year-old pregnant woman was also taken in for observation and three other shoppers suffered minor injuries during the incident, police said.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc., in Bentonville, Ark., would not confirm the reports of a stampede at the Valley Stream outlet but said a "medical emergency" had caused them to close the store.

"Local authorities are looking into the situation," said Wal-Mart representative Dan Fogleman. "Until such time that they've completed their assessment it would be inappropriate for me to share any additional information."

Shoppers around the country lined up early outside stores Friday in the annual bargain hunting ritual known as Black Friday. It got that name because it's historically been the day when stores broke into profitability for the full year.

Many stores open early and stay open late. The Valley Stream Wal-Mart usually opens at 9 a.m.

Nassau County police were at the scene investigating.

Black Friday

Yeah,,,, I saw that come over the news a while back. Put's a whole new meaning to "Black Friday"...

You're right......insane. People took a life and didn't care, all for just a bargain on what was probably a tv. They should ALL be ashamed of what They did!
A famine? You are going to do whatever it takes to Protect Your Family, I know I am!

People are dangerous when they get into large groups, like a stampeding herd of stupid cows.

how rediculous.. so because of impatient pricks.. some one lost their life.. they must feel really good about themselves now.

There's a reason I've never gone shopping on Black Friday. In addition to pickpockets, there are just too many darn people out to make it worth my while. And then there's stuff like this.

how rediculous.. so because of impatient pricks.. some one lost their life.. they must feel really good about themselves now.

honestly......I doubt they give a damn. My sis was down from Chicago for Thanksgiiving, interesting to hear how the windy city is acting now that nobama is ready, but also, we saw this story and both said it was like a third world country when a bag of rice is thrown off a truck.....if there is a SHTF scernario in this country, this is a good example of exactly what WILL happen:help:

Very sad. No one seems to care about anyone but themselves anymore. It doesn't matter who else gets hurt as long as they get what they want.

People are dangerous when they get into large groups, like a stampeding herd of stupid cows.

This kinda reminds me of why the Founding Fathers did not want a Democracy, but instead opted for a republic. Democracy, if not practiced properly practiced, degenerates into mob rule. In my opinion, this is what they envisioned a pure democracy degenerating into.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back