Wal-mart out of the gun business

From what I have found out the Walmarts in MD. are still selling rifles and ammo. I think I'll check out the Super Walmart in Denton the next time I go that way. From what I'm told the smaller Walmarts don't sell guns, only Super stores.

This from The Delaware Libertarian site:

Exhibit 1: Wal-Mart stops selling firearms in Delaware. Why? Because SB 35 would have required the Sporting Goods departments of Wal-Mart to conduct third-party background checks even for people not purchasing a gun from the store, and the ambiguity of the law led Wal-Mart's liability attorneys to conclude that people wanting to trade or sell guns privately might well reach the conclusion that they had to bring the gun in question in with them. Wal-Mart therefore decided, thanks to the liability issues inherent in SB 35, to get out of the firearms business.

So, congratulations, "common sense gun law" advocate: today there are about seven fewer retailers in the State from which people can buy guns. I have spoken to several people who own gun shops--they were pretty sure this would happen. In the short run they are happy about it because it narrows the competitive field in their favor. In the long run, however, they are worried that future limitations will threaten their own businesses.

Squirrelslaying 101,

Don't take it for granite that it can't happen to your state. All that is required is a Liberal Legislature and Govenor, and you rights are history.

So, congratulations, "common sense gun law" advocate: today there are about seven fewer retailers in the State from which people can buy guns.

I would say that was probably their intention from the beginning. Also, my last ammo purchase was at the Wal-Mart in Denton so if you are in that area it is worth a try.

I go back and forth to Easton through Denton every couple of weeks, so I'll make a stop next trip.

WalMart's lose is a Gain at ****'s Sporting Goods. I went there last friday and spent $210.00 on firearms supplies. Sorry WalMart, Blame it on Markell and the Democrats in Delaware.

According to one of the clerks in Walmart stores I stopped to,(Camden-Milford) they get a box of ammo in once every week or so. I is a box of assorted ammo. I usually goes the same day as it arrives, even with a limit placed on it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back