Waiting time for permit issuance.

bs369

ClamCop369
Can anyone provide an approximate waiting time from the day you deliver the application to the Prothonary's office to when you actually receive the permit (assuming everything checks ok)

June/July is renewal time in New Castle County. I was told to expect to 2 to 3 months, but perhaps as long as 5. Kent, being somewhat less populous, is probably somewhat less.

5 Weeks 2 Days in Kent from hand carrying to the Clerk's office to the mail delivery to my home..This is for the original permit.

When I submitted my app, I was told to expect three to four months in Kent County. From submission to my mail box was thirty one days. I was, needless to say, pleasantly surprised.It is nice to not have to keep pulling up my sweater and tucking it behind the holster. I can wear jackets again! Yay!

This thread is a bit old, but I'll put in the current info I have:

Applied on February 6, 2013 in person with Prothonatary's Office
Delaware Department of Justice received on February 12, 2013
Delaware Department of Justice completed background on February 21, 2013
Prothonatary's Office received back the next day, and still awaiting the AG's and the Judge's signature
Completed and in Hand March 31, 2013

According to Prothonatary, there are 1500 applications in this county alone, and the Judge apparently places these as very, very low priority, which is only done in between a full docket case load. The rumor is that the AG places these as fairly high priority and supports the cause fully.

Talked to Kirk Marino couple days ago about getting my permit so quickly. He said that the Kent County waiting time is now three to four weeks. He thinks they might have brought in more help to expedite issuance of permits. Somewhere along the line, someone sympathetic must have gotten the message. Too bad about your judge. Which county were you talking about?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back