waiting period

crazycathed

is the waiting time the same for all states? I been waiting for my gun for 2 weeks now.

Are you waiting on the background check or receipt of the weapon? We don't have a waiting period in SC for receipt but if there is a problem with the background check it could take a few days. I was under the impression their was a time limit for completing the check. Have you called the dealer to find out what the problem is?

waiting for the background check.I filled out the paperwork on the 23rd. I check with them on the 2nd and was told nobody called yet so I had to wait longer. I heard of dealers not being called back for a month. hopefully I won't have to wait that long

my first gun when I was in Kansas they never called back so I took it after the 3rd day. here it seems to be different.if I wait longer than a month I should get my $$ back. if I get delayed every time I buy it's gonna get frustrating. hopefully my CWP doesen't take longer than a couple weeks. I bought this one in ohio.

Last edited:
Where are you located? Even in crazy Kalifornia the wait is only 11 Days (technically 10 days to the minute but to avoid problems stores make it 11 days). In Idaho, it's a phone call or show your carry permit and walk out with the gun (assuming you're not a prohibited person).

Just where did you go in Ohio, I have never had that happen to me. Take the gun home with me that day.

I live in cincinnati. maybe it's my sealed record, but the app said to answer the felony question as if the felony doesen't exist. I cant see how this would cause a long delay. the court says they shouldn't have it on record. I was also told after the 1st delay the other checks should go right thru. somebody lied to me.

I live in cincinnati. maybe it's my sealed record, but the app said to answer the felony question as if the felony doesen't exist. I cant see how this would cause a long delay. the court says they shouldn't have it on record. I was also told after the 1st delay the other checks should go right thru. somebody lied to me.

Your dealer should be able to give you a contact number so you can follow up on your background check.

cincinnati is not a gun friendly city. and it could be your sealed record. but is still should not take this long.

it's prob like kansas.if they haven't called then you're ok. I'll go see tomorrow. need to get my FFL. no delays then. and I can buy when I'm in other states

it's prob like kansas.if they haven't called then you're ok. I'll go see tomorrow. need to get my FFL. no delays then. and I can buy when I'm in other states

Good Luck on that FFL. The new "Friendlier" BATFE don't hand out licenses unless you have a Store Front operation. They all but eliminated the individual from having an FFL. I've heard C & R licenses are easier to come by though.

Not only is there not a waiting period in Idaho, but if you have a CCW, they don't even have to make the call. Just fill out the paperwork and walk out the door with your new friend.

I think the consensus here is that you should either call the gun store or go there and see what's going on.

ok. I went to the gun shop and before I could say anything I heard "hey mikey". before I knew what was going on they had my pistol, clips and holster on the counter. after 3 buisness days if they haven't called back it's called 'no resolution' and you get your gun. don't know why they didn't call me. already picked out my next piece.this is getting addictive.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back