Wait on new CCW application?

barnyard

The wife and I are taking our class this weekend. What's the wait like these days?

60- 90 days if you turn in your completed app at the State Police headquarters in Baton Rouge and get your finger prints done at the headquarters . If you mail it in I hear its a crap shoot and can take from 90 to 180 days. The reason for the delay in mailed in applications is because they take for ever to open their mail and finger print problems.

It all depends on the state that you live in. On another forum that I'm on they were saying that some took just a few minutes to a few months. I just got my CCW in AZ and I sent mine in on 5/29/2013 and I got it in the mail on 1/16/2013. And they were a little backlogged at the time. The one that said that it only took a few minutes they were able to go down in person and get theirs. I don't know where you live but it will all depend on where you live and how they process and issue the CCW's for your area. You might be able to ask your class instructor on how the process works in your area. They might know. Have fun in the class. I really enjoyed the one that I took. At the start of my class the instructor had hidden on him around 15 firearms in places that you could not see most of them. and in some places that you would never think of carrying one. but every place was in a G or PG rated place. I hope that this helps.

60- 90 days if you turn in your completed app at the State Police headquarters in Baton Rouge and get your finger prints done at the headquarters . If you mail it in I hear its a crap shoot and can take from 90 to 180 days. The reason for the delay in mailed in applications is because they take for ever to open their mail and finger print problems.

That's what I plan to do. I hear they're actually pretty efficient at LSP in BR. Guess I'll find out shortly. Thanks!

Sent from my One X using USA Carry mobile app

It all depends on the state that you live in. On another forum that I'm on they were saying that some took just a few minutes to a few months. I just got my CCW in AZ and I sent mine in on 5/29/2013 and I got it in the mail on 1/16/2013. And they were a little backlogged at the time. The one that said that it only took a few minutes they were able to go down in person and get theirs. I don't know where you live but it will all depend on where you live and how they process and issue the CCW's for your area. You might be able to ask your class instructor on how the process works in your area. They might know. Have fun in the class. I really enjoyed the one that I took. At the start of my class the instructor had hidden on him around 15 firearms in places that you could not see most of them. and in some places that you would never think of carrying one. but every place was in a G or PG rated place. I hope that this helps.

I guess I should've said that I'm near Baton Rouge, LA

Thanks!

uncle and i did chl same time, got his in three weeks, still waiting on mine, slight criminal history holding mine up.
Texas

Cool! We took the class, now we just need to find time to go do the applications

Well, we went to LSP last Friday. The hardest part was waiting to get fingerprinted. I'll have to say that the ladies there are professional, and are actually pretty friendly! Now, the wait begins!

Well, in case anyone cares, we did our apps on 8/30, and got the permits today 10/16. Just under 7 weeks

Sent from my HTC One XL using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back