Waffle House Waitress shoots customer

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Clarendon County (WLTX) - A Clarendon County waitress is accused of shooting a customer at the restaurant after the two had a dispute.
Woman Says Waitress Shot Her in Dispute Over Food | wltx.com
Yakeisha Ward, 29, is charged with assault and battery with intent to kill.

An early morning run for breakfast at the Waffle House on Paxville Highway in Manning turned terribly wrong for Crystal Samuel.

"I thought I was gonna get me an All-Star," says Samuel. A popular meal on the menu. "Grits, sausage, toast, eggs and a waffle," says Samuel.

She didn't get what she came for. Instead, she says while she waited for her order, her friends started eating. That's when Samuel says she was told they couldn't eat from carryout trays inside the restaurant.

"I said what is your fuss about. I said we haven't paid for our food. She (Ward) said well you all got to leave. How you want us to leave and we ain't paid for the food yet," says Samuel.

That's when it got ugly. Samuel says she threw a waffle at the waitress. "I did actually throw some food but it didn't hit her," says Samuel. "That's when she (Ward) jumped across the counter and we got into it," says Samuel.

Clarendon County Sheriff Randy Garrett says the altercation continued outside where he says Ward got a gun from her car and a gun magazine from her trunk.

"It's poor judgment on her part trying to settle this matter with a weapon. either way she had time to think about what she was doing when she was walking to her car," says Garrett.

Investigators say Ward's gun discharged during the altercation. They say a bullet fragment struck Samuel in the arm.

"Deputies were close by when they rolled up in the parking lot the victim and the suspect were still engaged in a fight," says Garrett.

Before it ended, authorities say Ward struck the victim in the head with the gun.

"She got the last lick,"says Samuel. Meanwhile Ward has bonded out of jail. On Tuesday afternoon, News 19 found her inside the Waffle House where the incident happened.

She declined to talk to us on camera but says she got out of jail after paying $500. As for Samuel, she has only one thing to say about Waffle House. "bad customer service," says Samuel.

Investigators say it appears that Ward's gun was legally purchased.

Posted By: Tony Santaella 5/13/2009 9:36:56 AM

I know it is wrong but being very familiar with that part of the world I cannot help but laugh at how this went down. KUDO's to WLTX for "Investigators say Ward's gun discharged during the altercation" rather than it accidently went off or whatever.

I can see the whole thing in my mind and thankfully it wasn't any more serious.:laugh:

I was stunned back at "you can't eat from take out trays inside the restaurant" ... after that I guess the rest seems logical.

I was stunned back at "you can't eat from take out trays inside the restaurant" ... after that I guess the rest seems logical.

It's a common trick among a certain group to order stuff to go then eat inside to get out of leaving a tip. Rediculous I know but I have seen it more than once. I have a feeling that is why the waitress got upset. My cousin was a waitress at a Red Lobster and when a certain group would come in (profiling anyone) there would be a fight over who had to serve them. Very seldom would they leave a tip and usually would complain about the food and service after it had been eaten trying to get the manager to give it to them for free.

Sad. I'm the direct opposite.

If the service is good I tend to be generous with the gratuity. I have earned the reputation of being a George (slang in the service and tourist industry for someone who tips well). I also leave the gratuity in cash. What they do with it is between them and Uncle Sam. :wink: I get treated well from at every restaurant I frequent because of it.

I normally tip between 15-20% and try to leave cash. Sometimes I can't and have to put it on the card hoping that the waitress gets it. I have one major rule for how much to leave. I always drink SWEET tea (one reason I hate going up North :mad: ) and if my glass ever gets empty the tip is reduced. :cray: Be nice, bring me what I ordered, keep my tea glass full and I am happy. I do not drink unsweeted tea. Once it is made there is not enough sugar, saccharine, equal, splenda etc in the restaurant to make up for it. :biggrin:

I was sitting in a restaurant one time and there were two families at the table next to me, you could tell which family the children belong to. As they left one of the men left a nice tip for the waitress. As they started to leave about an 8 year old boy from the other family lingered behind and after the rest of the family left he ran back and picked the tip up off the table and put it in his pocket.

I'm the same on tips. I start expecting to give a 20% tip and deduct accordingly when the server fails to live up to my expectations. I've given more than 20% when the service was exceptional.

Wow! I didn't realize that part of going to Waffle House was you getting scattered, smothered and covered. Next time I go to one I'll have to watch the waitress like a hawk.

Clarendon County (WLTX) - A Clarendon County waitress is accused of shooting a customer at the restaurant after the two had a dispute.
<clipped>That's when it got ugly. Samuel says she threw a waffle at the waitress. <clipped>

Does this count as assault with a deadly weapon?

Wafflle House waffles do contribute to heart attacks. In fact everything at a Waffle House is bad for you at least that is what the doctors asy so I suppose ist could be considered a deadly weapon. :to_pick_ones_nose:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back