WA vs. UT CCW

Willy Pete

If you already possess an Idaho permit to carry, do you see much of an advantage to getting a Utah permit as opposed to a Washington permit? It seems like the only advantage is you can carry in Minnesota, West Virginia, and some other tiny state on the eastern seaboard. Of those three, Minnesota is the only one I'd likely visit. My understanding is that the Washington non-resident permit should be much cheaper to obtain. I think it's only $57.00. The Utah requires a class, permit cost and prints. Thoughts?

If you already possess an Idaho permit to carry, do you see much of an advantage to getting a Utah permit as opposed to a Washington permit? It seems like the only advantage is you can carry in Minnesota, West Virginia, and some other tiny state on the eastern seaboard. Of those three, Minnesota is the only one I'd likely visit. My understanding is that the Washington non-resident permit should be much cheaper to obtain. I think it's only $57.00. The Utah requires a class, permit cost and prints. Thoughts?

You have to apply for the WA CPL in person at any LEO agency in the state. You can get the UT permit by mailing in your application. The WA CPL is definitely cheaper, $55.25 and, other than having to apply in person, less hassle. It all depends on the states you want reciprocity with and how much you are willing to pay/attend class for.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back