Visiting Georgia

Gamecockfan1963

hey guys hope someone can help me out,i am planing on going to Ga. this weekend and wont to know where i need to keep my gun while in state.

thanks in advance

I found the following at handgunlaw.us/states/georgia.pdf

RV/Car Carry Without A Permit/License
§ 16-11-126. Possession and Carrying a Concealed Weapon; Penalty for Violating Licensing
Requirement
(a) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on
his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or
place of business without a valid weapons carry license.
(b) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on
his or her person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it
shall only be carried in an open and fully exposed manner.
(c) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry any
handgun provided that it is enclosed in a case and unloaded.
(d) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun who is eligible for a
weapons carry license may transport a handgun or long gun in any private passenger motor vehicle;
provided, however, that private property owners or persons in legal control of property through a lease, rental
agreement, licensing agreement, contract, or any other agreement to control access to such property shall
have the right to forbid possession of a weapon or long gun on their property, except as provided in Code
Section 16-11-135.No Permit License Is needed to carry the firearm inside your Motor Vehicle either openly
or concealed.
Note: The GA Court of Appeals ruled in (Hubbard v. State, 210 Ga. App. 141, 143-44 1993) that if you do
not have a permit/license honored in GA you can only carry a firearm in “Your Own Vehicle.” This means
you can carry in “Your Own Vehicle” without a permit/license but if you are riding in a vehicle that is not
yours you must have permission of the person who has legal control of the vehicl

Read the reciprocity states of where your CC was issued. We went to Georgia this last July to help a daughter of a friend of ours build a chicken coop. We stayed at a hotel near the airport and boy! when you see stores with solid bars on them, I think it is time to do some serious thinking. I have a MO and FL license. It is recognized in GA. So I have my gun at all times. You wouldn't believe what we saw over there. Of course there are some places that are probably "safer" than where we had been because quite a few of our friends lives there too but where we were? -- it was a mixed feeling for me.

hey guys hope someone can help me out,i am planing on going to Ga. this weekend and wont to know where i need to keep my gun while in state.

thanks in advance

I would make sure you leave your weapon in your vehicle away from your registration. Waffle House and fast foods have been a target of the Obama supporters lately, LEO are a little on edge right now. nothing good happens after 12 am.

Unfortunately - since you are coming in from S.Carolina....
We don't have reciprocity with you... (y'all need to help us work on that one...)

As pointed out by Carmen... you may carry your gun in your car without a license but you CANNOT
have it on your person (carry) outside of your car or home (hotel) without a GA License or a license from a
state with which we have reciprocity.

Don't know what part of Georgia you're headed for but it's not as bad as some folks appear to make out -
not that we don't have our share and watch yourself at the Waffle Houses... they seem to be an attractive
target for some over the last couple of weeks.

Welcome to Georgia and enjoy your weekend

Unfortunately - since you are coming in from S.Carolina....
We don't have reciprocity with you... (y'all need to help us work on that one...)

As pointed out by Carmen... you may carry your gun in your car without a license but you CANNOT
have it on your person (carry) outside of your car or home (hotel) without a GA License or a license from a
state with which we have reciprocity.

Don't know what part of Georgia you're headed for but it's not as bad as some folks appear to make out -
not that we don't have our share and watch yourself at the Waffle Houses... they seem to be an attractive
target for some over the last couple of weeks.

Welcome to Georgia and enjoy your weekend

Bruce, Am I correct that waffel house has a no gun zone here in Ga.? If so what a bunch of JackAsses...I think this makes 14 hold ups over the past couple months around atlanta area and they still didn't catch the perps. When will they learn?

Bruce, Am I correct that waffel house has a no gun zone here in Ga.? If so what a bunch of JackAsses...I think this makes 14 hold ups over the past couple months around atlanta area and they still didn't catch the perps. When will they learn?

Hmmm.... Does Waffle House have a no gun zone... well, when one considers that the NO GUNS sign is an indication of WH's preference since the sign has no weight of law.... I guess that could make it a NO GUNS zone...

If you CC... concealed is concealed... if you OC they may well ask you to leave (although, with the way things are going... they're more likely to call for the PoPo :fie: )

Do either GA or AL have a duty to notify rule? I will be driving from Florida to both states next week. I have a FL resident CCL.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back