Visiting AZ

ADJ423

I know the restraunt carry was passed and signed but can anyone tell me when the effective date is? I am gonna be in AZ in Oct. and would like to know if I need to leave my guns in the vehicle while I'm at dinner. Thanks.

The new restaurant carry law goes into effect Sept. 30, but you must carry concealed. Make sure you look out for a No Firearms Allowed sign posted next to their business license (they can opt out by posting.)

I know the restraunt carry was passed and signed but can anyone tell me when the effective date is? I am gonna be in AZ in Oct. and would like to know if I need to leave my guns in the vehicle while I'm at dinner. Thanks.

In Oct you should be good-to-go provided the establishment doesn't have 'no guns' signs posted.

Also, just so you know when you get to AZ, you are lawfully permitted to enter the establishment to the point the No Guns sign is posted, which by law should be (at a minimum) posted next to their liquor license - which is generally somewhere near the bar. Even if the No Guns is posted, you're not in violation if carrying CC unless you stay. You're lawfully permitted to enter, determine if there's a sign, then leave if their anti-gun sign is up. The 'No Guns' signs aren't popping up down here like the media inferred... but Tucson is about as "wild west" pro-citizen/pro-gun as you can get.

I'd recommend calling ahead and asking to speak to the owner/manager if at all possible, and you know where you'll be dining. Save the hassle and driving around. Also, if the owner or manager tells you guns aren't allowed there, it's a great time to express to them - as a law-abiding, tax-paying customer - they've lost your business. Money makes the business world go 'round.

Where in AZ will you be?

Thanks AZSATT. We are taking the Canadian in-laws to Hoover dam then to the south rim of the grand canyon. Then we might go down to Phoenix, but haven't decided for sure yet.

Sounds like a great trip! Enjoy and safe travels to you.

Just for grins, as I don't get up to PHX very often anymore, I'd like to hear how your CC experience goes in Northern AZ.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back