Virginia Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Link Removed

I am missing a few items. Please post here or send me an email or PM if you have something to add.

Last edited:
Change of address has changed from what it was. I don't know specifics, but I think on July 1st, you can get a replacement permit for $10.00...

Just rec'd my "temp"CHP...it's been more than 45 days since application. Where do I find specific laws about notifying LEO if I get pulled over (for speeding, perhaps). Also, do you know where I can find specificity on carrying while driving if I have a CHP? Can I conceal within the car? Any all info is appreciated...

The De Facto permit is used just like a regular permit. You don't need to notify L/E in VA, either. You can as a courtesy, though. It has got me out of tickets before!

I have a question? I am a Virginia Resident and I have a Concealed carry permit am I aloud to drive on to a VA state prison to drop someone off so they can go see a inmate.The prison is 3 and ahalf hours away and i was wanting to know if i can bring my gun.but i won't be getting out of the car

Link Removed

I am missing a few items. Please post here or send me an email or PM if you have something to add.

The following information is in error.

Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine:
Virginia is not a Castle Doctrine state and has no stand-your-ground law.

Virginia has no duty to retreat requirement provided the victim is not part of the problem (did not initiate or escalate the encounter). We are also a "stand your ground" state, also known as a true man state and this doesn't matter if you are in your home, on your curtilage, our out and about in public as long as you have a legal right to be where you are.

Link Removed

Virginia is a stand your ground state and has no duty to retreat as long as you have a legal right to be where you are and are not part of the initialization and/or escalation of the encounter.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back