Virginia no longer accepting my NC CCW? Pretty stupid!

coachdb18

As a resident of North Carolina, I frequently cross into Virginia, and have for many years been able to do so as a conceal carry permittee. Same goes for 37 other states. But now, gun banners want to make it illegal for me to conceal carry there. Instead, I will have to open carry. Not only does that make me more of a target in a situation where some **** decides to shoot the place up, and where I might possibly be more successful in defending both myself and others without the preannouncement, but now all those little gun worriers can see that I have a gun and go screaming into the night, when all I want to do is insure I can go home at night if the SHTF.

What a bunch of Neanderthals these gun banners are. Make the world a less safe place, just so they can push their idiotic agenda?

Brilliant!

Just FYI, shall issue states for non-residents that will still have reciprocity with Virginia are only two states, Utah and Texas. If I were to get an additional CCW so I could conceal carry in Virginia, I wouldn't give my money to Virginia, but would support one of these two states and use the remaining reciprocity of their agreement with that God forsaken administration, but Virginia won't be getting one more thin dime from me to support their gun grabbing cause.

ONE person in Virginia just made the entire state a less safe place AND people with Virginia permits who travel to states that require reciprocity from Virginia in order to honor a Virginia permit will find their Virginia permit worthless in those states. Dump the AG.

5f35f83635ffc635452e587c53e3ad18.jpg

Just sayin..... Ya know?

Indeed, it's time to initiate a recall election. His action has placed himself above the Constitution, and thugs above public safety. He needs to go.

Recalling him won't undue the law. It must be taken to the State Supreme Court and /or the US Supreme Court as a 2nd Amendment violation.

Was just looking through the archives to see if there were similar situations of withdrawn reciprocity of such magnitude between states in the past, and lo and behold, I stumbled upon such a case.

In February 2009, the Wyoming AG pulled the same stunt as is being pulled by the present VA AG. And the reasoning was the same as well, stating he had to determine that the CCW for other states had to be the same as Wyoming requirements, so he rescinded reciprocity for all but about 5 states. But only a year later (2010), the state of Wyoming not only restored reciprocity to every state that recognized a Wyoming CCW, but they also took away the power of the Wyoming AG to make decisions with regard to reciprocity of CCW rights. Wyoming once again had, and still has, reciprocity with all other states who likewise recognize theirs.

So, as bad as this current idiocy in Virginia may seem, it is not the first time it has been tried, it ended badly for the Wyoming AG previously, and I predict it will fare no better for this current jackwagon.

Save your Dixie cups, the South shall rise again (or at least the rights of CCW permit holders to carry in Virginia)!

....the South shall rise again (or at least the rights of CCW permit holders to carry in Virginia)!

Begging for and paying for a permission slip to carry a gun is not exercising a right. It is the direct opposite of exercising a right, especially in a state where no permission slip is required to open carry for both residents and non-residents. VA is one of the states that actually does respect the 2A in that regard, though I don't know how well (or poorly) their law enforcement agencies react to MWAG calls for people who do OC. Regardless, the right is there for the taking, and submission to a usurped Second Amendment is what's happening when only concealed carry is exercised as the granted-by-the-usurpers' privilege that it is in all but five states.

Blues

Begging for and paying for a permission slip to carry a gun is not exercising a right. It is the direct opposite of exercising a right, especially in a state where no permission slip is required to open carry for both residents and non-residents. VA is one of the states that actually does respect the 2A in that regard, though I don't know how well (or poorly) their law enforcement agencies react to MWAG calls for people who do OC. Regardless, the right is there for the taking, and submission to a usurped Second Amendment is what's happening when only concealed carry is exercised as the granted-by-the-usurpers' privilege that it is in all but five states.

Blues
Big thumbs up Blues!!! It never ceases to amaze me when folks talk about using a .... PERMIT!... to exercise their right to bear arms. And how some folks think reciprocity for permits has something to do with the right to bear arms.

It is amazing how many folks do not understand that if you have to ask Daddy government for permission called a permit then that permit is NOT the right to bear arms but is the infringement of Daddy government controlling who, how, when, where, and even why, a person can bear an arm in a concealed manner. Never forget... if Daddy government has the power to say who can carry a concealed arm then Daddy government also has the power to say who ... CANNOT!... carry a concealed arm.

I wish I had a dollar for every dolt I've heard say they know they have the right to carry a gun and all they have to do is get a permit.

I travel in VA quite a bit since my daughter and son in law live in northern VA. I actually had a VA non-resident permit for a couple years before I got my NC permit, since the VA non-resident permit is valid for CCW in NC, even for NC residents. My current VA non-resident permit is still valid in VA for 2 more years, so I'll just renew it when the times comes if they don't fix the law by then. As for not spending any money in VA, well, that's not going to happen. As long as the kids live in VA we'll be visiting them there. We don't spend any other money there now.

What is the deal here, the CCW map shows VA honoring NC permits. What am I missing?

VA Gov. Terry McAuliffe and AG Mark Herring were holding carry reciprocity agreements hostage last year. From The Washington Post on January 28, 2016: Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back