Violent Crime In U.S. Down 1.8% In Early 2007, FBI Reports

KimberPB

Wait you mean to tell me that even thought many states still have concealed carry, increase in the number of people getting permits, and without more gun control laws/restrictions violent crime is down???

Ok Ok maybe it went down a little but I'm sure if we checked the same stats from someplace like England, were guns are banned, we would see a bigger drop! Right??

Link Removed
The nation experienced a 1.8 percent dip in violent crime during the first six months of 2007 compared with the same period in 2006, the FBI announced today.

The FBI's Preliminary Semiannual Uniform Crime Report also says the nation experienced a 2.6 percent drop in property crime and that rapes declined by 6.1 percent.

The Tampa area had 74 rapes in the first six months of 2006 and 47 in the first six months of 2007, the report said. The area also had 2,399 violent crimes in the first six months of 2006 compared with 1,842 in the first six months of 2007.

Nearly 11,700 law enforcement agencies met criteria necessary to be included in the current report.

That sounds good. Of course it's no surprise to us that an increase in people legally able to protect themselves is going to decrease violent crime. Thanks for the post.

It would be good to see a break down by states so that we can compare those states where citizens can carry and those where they are unarmed victoms.

I think that a lot of the BG's are realizing that we are not like Cops. We don't have to ask them any questions, we don't have to read them the Miranda act and we don't have to be shot at, stabbed at or bludgeoned at in order to protect ourselves. And...in most states we go home with our weapon after the fact, not to jail.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back