Views On Securing Firearms

I just want to gauge (heh) other people's manners of securing guns and how that is balanced with easy access. So, I'm asking, do you use different storage items (say, a safe, a locked case, etc.), where do you store the ammunition and do you keep the firearms loaded when they are in storage.

Personally, I like to have my .357 close to me when I sleep, so I keep it loaded safely underneath my wife's pillow at night. I also keep a loaded shotgun at the foot of my bed where my Weimaraner sleeps (it's loaded with bird shot, buck shot, bird shot and then just buck shot.

I also keep a bolt action rifle at my bedroom door but only load one cartridge in it because it can be hard to see in the dark if there is an intruder and I've run out from the other weapons.

I've also attached a K-BAR knife to a mop stick with duct tape and keep it close to my front door. I mean it to scare of would be intruders that would be silly enough to come to my front door looking to "give quotes on house work" or "purchase cookies for our troop".

Has anyone else considered purchasing or utilizing large swords? I've always wanted to have a sword collection but I don't know where to begin. I suppose hypothetically I could purchase half a dozen machetes from Home Depot and fashion them together in my fire pit in to a super machete.

Has anyone else seen the video about KillDozer? I have an old Buick Century wagon I was thinking of modifying with steel plates, a ceiling hatch and spikes all around. Of course I would lift it first and add off-road tires for durability. I would think that the metal cage could allow for drops in windows so as to provide maximum defense.

Well, any thoughts would be welcome

G50AE

I've also attached a K-BAR knife to a mop stick with duct tape and keep it close to my front door. I mean it to scare of would be intruders that would be silly enough to come to my front door looking to "give quotes on house work" or "purchase cookies for our troop".

Well, any thoughts would be welcome
You might check out the Bushman from Coldsteel knives. The Bushman is designed to be mounted onto a spear shaft in a much more secure manor than what you describe. No duct tape required, LOL.

Also if you insist on having a Marine Corps. knife at your disposal, you may want to consider the OKC-3S by Ontario Knives. The Marines put a lot of research into the design of this all-in-one knife. It is designed to be a fighting knife, utility knife and bayonet all in one.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwells_22