Victory in D.C. vs Heller

Palmach

The court ruled 5 - 4 in favor of Heller, and ruled that the D.C. gun ban is unconstitutional. However, the details have not been disemanated yet, so it will be some time before we know exactly how far reaching this victory is for 2nd Amendment rights.

I think the biggest victory is the ruling that it is the individual right and not just a militias right. I may be a little too optimistic, but I believe this is great news.

I'm glad that the SCOTUS has reaffirmed what we've already known. Now my sig line is even cooler. = ) <--still no smilies?

Not only did the handgun ban get struck down, but so too did the requirement that shotguns and rifles kept in the home be either disassembled or fitted with a trigger lock. The court did, however, keep the licensing requirement intact, and that worries me. This means that if it wants, the city could make licensing and registration requirements so stringent that the effect is not much different than it was prior to the ban being struck down.

I think the biggest victory is the ruling that it is the individual right and not just a militias right. I may be a little too optimistic, but I believe this is great news.

It's a start, but when Stephens commented in his whiney dissent about "casting into doubt the constitutionality of existing laws", it just shows how much of a fight there is left to fight.

WHAT PART OF "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!?!?!?!?

Not only did the handgun ban get struck down, but so too did the requirement that shotguns and rifles kept in the home be either disassembled or fitted with a trigger lock. The court did, however, keep the licensing requirement intact, and that worries me. This means that if it wants, the city could make licensing and registration requirements so stringent that the effect is not much different than it was prior to the ban being struck down.

I think that would also be shut down as an unreasonable restriction. DC will have a very hard time getting around this.

The scary part is that there are 4 Justices that want to, and voted to, eliminate the 2nd Ammendment and let the liberals have their way. The 2nd was saved by only ONE VOTE! If we do not have a conservative President to appoint conservative, strict constructionists Justices, then we will soon be screwed!

Chicago and New York...

You are officially put on notice. Strike down your Unconstitutional laws or be prepared for the consequences. We the People have a right and you need to recognize that for what it is...God Given and Inalienable.

WHAT PART OF "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND???

I for one think it is a step in the right direction. The right of the individual as has been said. One for are side

You are officially put on notice. Strike down your Unconstitutional laws or be prepared for the consequences. We the People have a right and you need to recognize that for what it is...God Given and Inalienable.

WHAT PART OF "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND???

Actually, you should have said PRNYC and PRCHI. In addition, you should have also included PRHI, PRNJ, and PRCA.

yeah..

every once in a while, they get it right. and one vote got it by. too close. ther was something about traditional use. does that mean open carry?

woot-21618.jpg

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back