Veterans should now salute the flag

I couldnt agree more,or have said it any better...

It's nice that congress has given us vets the right to salute the flag we fought under. I've been saluting the flag since 1966 when I became a Marine and earned the right to salute.

You've always had that right. There was nothing prohibiting you from saluting the flag before. All this new law did was formalize what was already within your rights. I never stopped saluting the flag when I retired. There are many misconceptions out there concerning the laws and etiquette governing our flag, such as the widespread myth that a flag must be burned if it touches the ground. The law doesn't say that, and it never did.

This has been the norm for me since I got out in 1993. I have since worked on military bases all over the as a Commercial Plumber and have always acted the same as if I was still active duty when it comes to Ole Glory. I ama foreman and all of my guys, ex-military or not are instructed by me to either respect the flag or go hide in the porta-jon. Most have no problem following my rules on this and if they do they will pay for it throughout the workday...lol

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back