Veterans are Free at Ohio Concealed Carry Institute

OCCI

Military Veterans are FREE !!!

Starting Nov 1st, 2013 Ohio Concealed Carry Institute will offer all Military Veterans FREE Ohio Concealed Handgun License classes. That is right. No gimmicks, no hidden costs. Classes include everything a student needs to receive their certificate to present to the Sheriffs Department. All our vets need to do is give us a call at 614-556-4446 or an email at [email protected] and we will reserve a seat for you in one of our next classes.

Classes are available at Columbus, Dayton, Delaware, and Zanesville. We offer classes every weekend in our Columbus location. Just give us a call at 614-556-4446, send us an email at [email protected] , or check out our website at http://www.OhioConcealedCarryInstitute.com

I would Like to Thank Ohio Concealed Carry Institute for allowing me to attend one of there Classes and becoming certified for my Concealed Carry License. Bill Davis was the Instructor and in my opinion did a very good job. As a Veteran My hat is off To Bill Davis and Ohio Concealed Carry Institute.

Thank You again,
Dan

Wow, thats great for them to do that, I know it make us feel good to think that ours sacrifices were not in vain.

I would Like to Thank Ohio Concealed Carry Institute for allowing me to attend one of there Classes and becoming certified for my Concealed Carry License. Bill Davis was the Instructor and in my opinion did a very good job. As a Veteran My hat is off To Bill Davis and Ohio Concealed Carry Institute.

Thank You again,
Dan

Dan we really appreciate your service! Thanks for coming to our class! We have reserved 5 seats in every class for our beloved veterans for 2014, that is over 520 seats, keep spreading the word, we want every veteran to take advantage of this great deal!
-Bill Davis

If Ohio issued non-resident permits, I'd take you up on your generous offer. Thanks for thinking about the Veterans.

I think that this is awesome and will definitely attend one of your upcoming classes. Just an FYI for those veterans out there that aren't close enough to take one of these classes, ohio doesn't require you to get a training certificate if you have been honorably discharged from service within the past 6 years. Just bring a copy of your DD-214 (along with your completed application, passport sized photo and money order for the fee) to your appointment in leu of the certificate.

I think that this is awesome and will definitely attend one of your upcoming classes. Just an FYI for those veterans out there that aren't close enough to take one of these classes, ohio doesn't require you to get a training certificate if you have been honorably discharged from service within the past 6 years. Just bring a copy of your DD-214 (along with your completed application, passport sized photo and money order for the fee) to your appointment in leu of the certificate.
Not true. From ORC 2923.125:
(d) A document that evidences both of the following:
(i) That the applicant is an active or reserve member of the armed forces of the United States, was honorably discharged from military service in the active or reserve armed forces of the United States, is a retired trooper of the state highway patrol, or is a retired peace officer or federal law enforcement officer described in division (B)(1) of this section or a retired person described in division (B)(1)(b) of section 109.77 of the Revised Code and division (B)(1) of this section;
(ii) That, through participation in the military service or through the former employment described in division (B)(3)(d)(i) of this section, the applicant acquired experience with handling handguns or other firearms, and the experience so acquired was equivalent to training that the applicant could have acquired in a course, class, or program described in division (B)(3)(a), (b), or (c) of this section.
Although it is true that some people have gotten away with it due to law enforcement officials who weren't very familiar with the rules at first, merely being honorably discharged in the last six years does not satisfy the training requirement for an Ohio concealed carry license. You're still required to provide documentary evidence that your military service provided you firearms training that was "equivalent to training that the applicant could have acquired" in an Ohio concealed carry training class. Your military service also teaches you nothing about Ohio concealed carry law. Since Ohio has some of the most convoluted concealed carry statutes in the country, you're still best advised to take a class. I should know. I'm retired military and I wrote the Condensed Guide to Ohio Concealed Carry Laws. It's linked in my signature below.

I was just recently discharged from the military and have been looking into the concealed carrying laws and open carry laws because I am a big big advocate for our right to carry a weapon, but in my advanced marksmanship training we would religiously go over weapon safety rifle and handgun on the range and off the range so technically couldn't that be some sort of waiver or pass to at least one part of the 8 hour training course? Be it the range part or the actual class part but when it comes to weapon safety and having knowledgeable intelligence on how and when and where we are allowed to have our firearms I know there's a lot of vets out there who will back me when I say we should be exempt from taking yet another class on information that was literally drilled and engraved into our minds

I was just recently discharged from the military and have been looking into the concealed carrying laws and open carry laws because I am a big big advocate for our right to carry a weapon, but in my advanced marksmanship training we would religiously go over weapon safety rifle and handgun on the range and off the range so technically couldn't that be some sort of waiver or pass to at least one part of the 8 hour training course? Be it the range part or the actual class part but when it comes to weapon safety and having knowledgeable intelligence on how and when and where we are allowed to have our firearms I know there's a lot of vets out there who will back me when I say we should be exempt from taking yet another class on information that was literally drilled and engraved into our minds
I understand your point as prior military but it's apples and oranges. The familiarization and safety portions are pretty basic, don't take up much class time anyway, and the focus is rightfully on the specific CC rules and peculiarities of your particular state. There are a lot of ins and outs and more than a few things that could bite you if you don't get good gouge. They won't talk much about reciprocity or interstate transport because it changes a lot and they're minimizing liability for telling you one thing and it ends up being another.

The focus will be on concealed carry for your state. It's a short class, required, and there are some things to be learned.

The Place to Be

If you have documentation from the military about your training:

(ii) That, through participation in the military service or through the former employment described in division (B)(3)(d)(i) of this section, the applicant acquired experience with handling handguns or other firearms, and the experience so acquired was equivalent to training that the applicant could have acquired in a course, class, or program described in division (B)(3)(a), (b), or (c) of this section.

It can't be more than 10 years old:

within the ten years immediately preceding the application the honorable discharge or retirement to which the competency certification relates occurred:

Lawriter - ORC - 2923.125 Application and licensing process.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back