Vermont CCW training

44WCF

SSgt.
From what I have seen there is only one training facility in Vermont for getting the training necessary for some of the issuing State's required training. I have been receiving Front Sight's e-mails for over a year now and I just cannot justify the price of the course and travel to Nevada for training.

I think there needs to be more trainers in Vermont. Not just to be able to receive the needed training to carry concealed in places like New Hampshire and Massachusetts, although that is needed, but to be able to have a trained populace here in Vermont.

Does anyone know who can train CCW instructors to the highest standards in the New England area? I know that the NRA does safety course training and I used to be an instructor and may be again, but who does the best job of hands on instruction?

From what I have seen there is only one training facility in Vermont for getting the training necessary for some of the issuing State's required training. I have been receiving Front Sight's e-mails for over a year now and I just cannot justify the price of the course and travel to Nevada for training.

I think there needs to be more trainers in Vermont. Not just to be able to receive the needed training to carry concealed in places like New Hampshire and Massachusetts, although that is needed, but to be able to have a trained populace here in Vermont.

Does anyone know who can train CCW instructors to the highest standards in the New England area? I know that the NRA does safety course training and I used to be an instructor and may be again, but who does the best job of hands on instruction?

Drive down to Exater,NH and take some classes at the Sig Arms Acadamy. Or contact Gary LeRoux over at Vermont Tacitcal ( Link Removed) Vermont Tactical International, LLC.

224 Oberland Valley Road
Montgomery Center, Vermont 05471

Phone
1-802-326-5003

Not sure what you are talking about as far as training needed to carry concealed in NH because you do not need to have any training to be approved for a out of state or In state Concealed weapons permit. As for MA I would not even bother your chances of getting a out of state None restricted class A permit is not likey. Vermont has vary little trainners because Vermont has no permit system and you can get a permit to carry in NH as I have said before with out any training and NH has training sites for CCW for other states.

As for who does the bset job at training that would be the Sig Arms Acadamy they offer classes for such things and they will also sit down with you and come up with custom training that fits your needs. But again it's not cheap by any means.

Better to know how

You are correct that Vermont doesn't have a permit requirement, but that shouldn't stop people from getting good training that will build confidence when the time comes to use your handgun. It's like learning how to shoot to begin with. You don't throw an inexperienced person together with a .465H&H and expect good results. You start them off with a rimfire and bring them up through the centerfires until they know what to expect.

Vermont has this let's stay behind the curve attitude. Oh yeah, you can go out on your 100 acre property and practice drills every day on your private range. Wait, I don't have 100 acres or a private range. I guess reading magazines, books, and watching TV and videos will prepare me for when some sucker pulls a Cobra .32 or .380 or a Rossi .38 snubbie and sicks it in my face.

Have you ever drawn your firearm from your daily carry rig and shot anything in a high pressure drill? If you ask that of most people with a gun in their pants or their pocketbook I have a good idea what they'll do first. They'll stare at you with a blank look on their face or possibly commit a criminal assault by sticking their .38 snubbie in your face and saying something like, "'You wanna go right here?"

It's definately better to have the training and not need it then to need the training and not have it. (Yeah it's a rip off) The fact is that it's true. If it's as hard to find out about VT Tactical as it was for me, (Never heard of them before I came here, USA Carry) then can you imagine someone looking for training at your local gunshop? Yes, it's a case of poor advertising, and a failure of gun dealers to recognize a need for training in their communities.

Of the fireams I've bought over the last few years I've never had a dealer ask if I was going to conceal carry or open carry. As a former dealer I know that people wouldn't want to come back to my shop if I sold them a gun and couldn't point them to some decent training opportunities in their own back yard. And they certainly wouldn't come back if they used a firearm I sold them in an irresponsible manner that landed them in jail.

Is it possible that crime is low in Vermont? NO! I have had things stolen from me more in the last 3 years then the previous 40. Breaking and entering is a pastime in Vermont, and everyone knows where drugs can be found. Let's not react out of fear, let's prepare and be confident in our abilities to defend ourselves and our loved ones.

You are correct that Vermont doesn't have a permit requirement, but that shouldn't stop people from getting good training that will build confidence when the time comes to use your handgun. It's like learning how to shoot to begin with. You don't throw an inexperienced person together with a .465H&H and expect good results. You start them off with a rimfire and bring them up through the centerfires until they know what to expect.

Vermont has this let's stay behind the curve attitude. Oh yeah, you can go out on your 100 acre property and practice drills every day on your private range. Wait, I don't have 100 acres or a private range. I guess reading magazines, books, and watching TV and videos will prepare me for when some sucker pulls a Cobra .32 or .380 or a Rossi .38 snubbie and sicks it in my face.

Have you ever drawn your firearm from your daily carry rig and shot anything in a high pressure drill? If you ask that of most people with a gun in their pants or their pocketbook I have a good idea what they'll do first. They'll stare at you with a blank look on their face or possibly commit a criminal assault by sticking their .38 snubbie in your face and saying something like, "'You wanna go right here?"

It's definately better to have the training and not need it then to need the training and not have it. (Yeah it's a rip off) The fact is that it's true. If it's as hard to find out about VT Tactical as it was for me, (Never heard of them before I came here, USA Carry) then can you imagine someone looking for training at your local gunshop? Yes, it's a case of poor advertising, and a failure of gun dealers to recognize a need for training in their communities.

Of the fireams I've bought over the last few years I've never had a dealer ask if I was going to conceal carry or open carry. As a former dealer I know that people wouldn't want to come back to my shop if I sold them a gun and couldn't point them to some decent training opportunities in their own back yard. And they certainly wouldn't come back if they used a firearm I sold them in an irresponsible manner that landed them in jail.

Is it possible that crime is low in Vermont? NO! I have had things stolen from me more in the last 3 years then the previous 40. Breaking and entering is a pastime in Vermont, and everyone knows where drugs can be found. Let's not react out of fear, let's prepare and be confident in our abilities to defend ourselves and our loved ones.

Being born and raised in Vermont( born in Berlin raised in Montpelier) I can tell you that my native state has one of the lowest crime rates in the country. Is Vermont Crime free? No Vermont like any other state has it's share of crime but for the most part the major crime and gang stuff takes place in two major towns (Burlington and Rutland Vermont) now that's no to say crime does not take place outside of those two towns because it does. For the most part it's just petty crime and Vermont Kids being Vermont kids getting drunk in the woods. Most of the people in Vermont do not even worry about crime and go about their lives as if it was still the 1940's and trust everyone and even leave their doors unlocked ( some not all, but I know a lot who do.) It's the most laid back and trusting states around I mean look at it's gun laws no permit need to carry open/concealed/in a car and that law extends to all not just residents visitors have the same gun laws as the rest.

If you look at all that and then look and think is there really a need for company's to set up training shops in Vermont the answer would be no. A vary few number of people even carry in Vermont as it is and most who chose to do so do not have training. Not everyone can afford to go to front sight or hell even Vermont tactical. Four hundred dollars is rent money/food money to some and they just cant spend it on training. Most as you said just train in the woods behind their houses or take low cost NRA classes. I use to train at 150 acre hunting camp out by Northfield till my grand dad sold it.

I have no idea how you carry or what kind of mind set your in when you carry I can only speak for my self. I know when I was carrying ( waiting for my new Sig p250's to get here) I would always be on condition one alert no matter where I was. Anyone who came into the store would be a threat till shown otherwise my heart rate would go up till I determined they posed no threat. It was great training( for me anyway) It helped me learn to control my heart rate and breathing.

95% of gun dealers do not give two shits what you do with the said firearm after you have paid them. I have never been asked if I was going to use the said weapon for concealed carry most of the time I find my self telling them that. Nor have I ever been told about any training in or around my area unless I asked first or unless the said gun store has it's own range.

Are you a native monter? What area of the state are you from?

the training you need is a lot closer than Nevada. there are people in NY that can help you. at least a couple of them are on this forum Link Removed are sponsors ask them

the training you need is a lot closer than Nevada. there are people in NY that can help you. at least a couple of them are on this forum Link Removed are sponsors ask them

NY gun laws are so F**** I would never go near the board to NY with a firearm. Much ratter just drive in Gun friendly NH and take classes at the world renound Sig Arms Training Academy then try and take a class in NY. Or drive to the New Ruger Firearm range being built next to the Ruger plant in Newport,NH screw NY and all of the gun grabbers.

Hi, Guys. I just got back from the sand box, and plan on getting active teaching courses again. I'm in St. Johnsbury, but could come most anywhere. I've got some instructor workshops set up for this spring, but I'll be doing some basic classes and personal protection courses as well.

You can keep an eye out for what classes I'm doing on my website www.vermontana.com for more info.

Steve

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back