Vacuum Food Sealer Reccomendations?

Boomboy007

Hello, all. I have been thinking about purchasing a vacuum food sealer in order to facilitate some long term storage. Unfortunately, I did not realize how many different brands, models, and price ranges there are. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? (hey, keep it clean :wink:)

I don't mind paying a little extra for quality, but I also don't want to waste my money. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a FoodSaver Professional II. I've had it for 8 years or so and used it to pack lots of meat, veggies, clothes/blankets for emergency kits, etc. It has a slicer for when you use the rolls instead of the bags. The bags/rolls are readily available--Walmart has them in a "value" pack--5 rolls for $40. I think I paid about $150 for the sealer when I got it, don't know if they even make this model any more, but I know FoodSaver is still making packers. There may be better brands out there--this is the only one I've ever used, but it has held up pretty well. Hope that helps some.

Handi-vac

I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on one of those nice vacuum sealers so I picked up a Reynolds Handi-vac. It is a little battery powered pump that you use with special "zip-loc" bags that have a valve.
Reynolds Handi-Vac

They are really cheap. I have probably packed about 50-75lbs of venison with mine.
Link Removed

FoodSaver Sale

This has been on SurvivalBlog.com for a few weeks. Compliments of JWR the site owner.

A reminder that Foodsaver vacuum packers are being offered at a special sale price, just during the month of December. You can buy a FoodSaver v2830 for $59.99 (originally $169.99) with free Standard Shipping for orders over $100, directly from FoodSaver.com.Use code L8FAV28 at checkout. This offer is valid during the month of December, or while supplies last.

Link Removed

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back