Vacation System

casey97

Vacation carry for my LCP. I am sure there are others who have better ideas or more tactical ideas, but this works for me and is relatively inexpensive. Please let me know what you think.<br />
<br />
Small Plano ammo box from Wal-Mart is about $6.00. A combination padlock. 18" of chain to secure the case to immovable objects with the LCP inside when I don't carry (inside water parks). 300 rounds of ammunition. Cleaning kit. Small can of Liberal Tears. Multitool. Compass. Extra flashlight. <br />
<br />
This is an easy way to secure your gun away from little hands when it isn't on your person. The small ammo box fits perfectly inside a shoe box so you don't have the condo next door thinking you're about to go on a shooting spree, and the cleaning lady decides to call La Policía, because she has watched too many crime dramas. <br />
<br />
a4ygyted.jpg
<br />
nahase2a.jpg
<br />
tu3usana.jpg
<br />
4ehahetu.jpg
<br />
qyby9ube.jpg
<br/>

Exodus 22:2 If a thief is caught in the act of breaking in, and he is beaten to death, no one is guilty of bloodshed.

Psalm 18:34 He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Luke 11:21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his estate, his possessions are secure.

Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.”

How much ammo do you have? If you are anything like me, probably a lot. At my home I have tons of ammo (well not tons, maybe closer to 100 or so pounds). While on vacation this is my home for eight days. I would much rather have it an not need it, than need it and not have it.

Most people don't carry a gun cleaning kit on vacation. I would hate to slip in mud, and now have a gun which may not function.

Exodus 22:2 If a thief is caught in the act of breaking in, and he is beaten to death, no one is guilty of bloodshed.

Psalm 18:34 He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Luke 11:21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his estate, his possessions are secure.

Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.”

I really like that idea of the ammo box being a "temp" gun safe. How sturdy is it. What kind of lock do you use (would a turn combination padlock be too thick).

Yes it would be to thick, but the lock just keeps it closed. This isn't meant to be a gun safe. Because it is summer vacation carry I had my LCP. The system would look a little different if I was carrying my S&W M&P Shield or my Glock 19. The LCP is on my person most of the time, but when we go to amusement parks or the beach, I use this to lock the firearm away from little hands and ignorant minds. If a thief with a sharp pocket knife wanted in then it wouldn't take them long. Then again my gun safe at home wouldn't stop a determined thief.

This was for an extended vacation, several states away. If I were gone for a weekend a few hours away from home, I usually take whatever pistol I am going to carry and several magazines. Maybe an extra box of ammo would go as well. I would carry a small locking gun bag just in case. In this case the pistol is on me or right beside my bed.

This ammo box was part of a modified get home bag. I understand an LCP isn't the ideal pistol/firearm for a SHTF situation, but carrying an AR on one shoulder, an 870 on the other, and two Glock 19's plus all the associated ammo and cleaning supplies was not possible for me on a long vacation. This was a centralized box with all of the firearm gear if I needed to grab and go.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back