vA Gov signs restaurant carry bill

Swinokur

Effective July 1, 2010

Link Removed

This is great news! It's about time. Now if they will just do away with the requirement for a permit (like VT, AK, and AZ).

More good news. It is ridiculous to force people to be defenseless in a business because alcohol is served.

Great news!

I visit the state quite often. Now I don't have to leave it in the truck. I was wondering... with this new law... can a restaurant post a no CC sign to dis-allow it?

I visit the state quite often. Now I don't have to leave it in the truck. I was wondering... with this new law... can a restaurant post a no CC sign to dis-allow it?

Yes they can but if you're concealing, who would know it and ask you to leave? Signs in VA have no legal weight. Just leave if asked. refusal could get you a trespass charge.

VA law does say if a restaurant posts a no guns sign, you are not authorized to carry even with a permit, but it gives no penalty for doing so. My plan is to conceal and if I am asked to leave, just leave.

Or better yet don't patronize establishments that have a no guns policy.

Or OC-that's legal.

Why did you have to leave it in the truck? When I visit restaurants that serve alcohol, I had to open carry. You could always do a VA tuck. If you visit the state often you should read and print this out!
Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back