Utah joins Montana and Tennesee with Federal Exemption Bill

HardCorps53

Utah lawmakers pass gun regulation exemption bill.

ksl.com - Utah lawmakers pass gun regulation exemption bill

The bill has passed both the House and the Senate. It has been sent to the Governor for signature.

Detractors are focusing on the high cost of a certain court battle when UT has a $700 million budget deficit. They say UT can't afford the cost of fighting this in court. I say BS, the shoe is on the other foot. Other states are sure to follow with bills of their own. It's the Feds that can't afford the cost of fighting multiple states in court when they have a $2.7 TRILLION budget deficit. Of course that wont necessarily stop them - they can always print more green stuff :mad:

Utah lawmakers pass gun regulation exemption bill.

ksl.com - Utah lawmakers pass gun regulation exemption bill

The bill has passed both the House and the Senate. It has been sent to the Governor for signature.

Detractors are focusing on the high cost of a certain court battle when UT has a $700 million budget deficit. They say UT can't afford the cost of fighting this in court. I say BS, the shoe is on the other foot. Other states are sure to follow with bills of their own. It's the Feds that can't afford the cost of fighting multiple states in court when they have a $2.7 TRILLION budget deficit. Of course that wont necessarily stop them - they can always print more green stuff :mad:

I hope the Texas Legistlature gets moving and passes a bill like this.

Hopefully you will be able to add Oklahoma t this list. The Bill is before the House right now.Keep your fingers crossed that it passes. This is something every state needs to do and if they see enough states doing it, perhaps those on the fence will decide to do it too. All the states could combine their resources to take this to the Supreme Court which is likely where it will have to go. The BTAF is not going to let this happen without a fight.

Is it just a coincidence that all the ones against this bill are Democrats?
Sux! We need to continue to try educating them! I used to write to CA Senators Feinstein and Boxer to no avail. It can't hurt to continue trying. They give the rest of us Democrats a bad name! Even some Republicans (Mark Kirk, R, IL and Mayor Rudy Giuliani of NY are two that come to mind) need to learn that our Second Amendment rights are not negotiable! I now live in Nevada and am glad that at least Democratic Senator Reid "gets it!" but am upset that Republican Senator Ensign does not!

Sux! We need to continue to try educating them! I used to write to CA Senators Feinstein and Boxer to no avail. It can't hurt to continue trying. They give the rest of us Democrats a bad name! Even some Republicans (Mark Kirk, R, IL and Mayor Rudy Giuliani of NY are two that come to mind) need to learn that our Second Amendment rights are not negotiable!

This was back in 2004, but it's interesting to note that eight Republican Senators voted for the continuance of the AWB. Senators on both sides don't always vote the party line.
Link RemovedLink RemovedYou can check the Congressional Record on the votes. Because the amendment to extend the AWB was successful, the tort reform that would have protected the lawful commerce of American gun manufactures and distributors lost. Reid once again voted for sportsmen's rights by voting NO on the amended bill.
Our rights as sportsmen and Our rights as sportsmen and women are too important to give them over to any one political party. We can't win half the time and secure those rights.

The democrats are all the same. They sux. The democratic politicans can carry concealed but not the average person. Its good for them but they try to make the citizens sheeple. They sux.

Hardcorps53, what ever happened to this? I found something online that says Gov. Herbert signed it but I never heard anything beyond that.

Would this apply to sound suppressors as well? I hear there's a company in West Valley City that makes them and I'm not planning on leaving this gun friendly state anytime soon.:sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back