Utah/Florida Permits-not in Nevada

davis_b_1

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR UTAH AND FLORIDA CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT HOLDERS- NO MORE NEVADA CARRY!

Nevada authorities have decided that Utah Concealed Weapon Permits will NOT, repeat NOT, be recognized in Nevada effective July 1, 2009.

Even though Nevada has recognized Utah permits for several years, they recently reviewed permits from all states and decided that they will no longer recognize permits from Utah or Florida. The excuses given are that Nevada law requires the other states permit requirements to be “substantially similar to” those of Nevada. However, since Utah does not require live fire to get a permit, Nevada will not longer recognize our permit. Florida permits are good for seven years, but Nevada permits are only good for five years, providing the excuse for dropping Florida.

The people involved with Nevada permits seem to include a few powerful members of the law enforcement community who are hostile to private citizens self defense rights.

Utah Shooting Sports Council and the National Rifle Association will continue to pursue actions to restore recognition of Utah permits by Nevada, but it may take several years and changes to the Nevada laws.

Meanwhile, DO NOT CARRY IN NEVADA with a Utah or Florida Concealed Weapons Permit!

Well, I guess no more going to Nevada for me.
Does anybody know the Open Carry laws or Car Carry Laws in Nevada?

Well, I guess no more going to Nevada for me.
Does anybody know the Open Carry laws or Car Carry Laws in Nevada?

Wtf? Idiots...

The car carry laws, other then North Las Vegas and Boulder City (and maybe a few others that I don't know about) allow loaded carry in your car while traveling. I've been pulled over before I got my Nevada permit with a loaded gun and the cop didn't care, he was more concerned about my speeding then the gun :laugh:

OC is legal here (except in North Vegas and Boulder City I believe, you need the permit to OC there from what I've been told) but I wouldn't do it in Las Vegas to begin with, too many Commi-fornia transplants here.

Wtf? Idiots...

The car carry laws, other then North Las Vegas and Boulder City (and maybe a few others that I don't know about) allow loaded carry in your car while traveling. I've been pulled over before I got my Nevada permit with a loaded gun and the cop didn't care, he was more concerned about my speeding then the gun :laugh:

OC is legal here (except in North Vegas and Boulder City I believe, you need the permit to OC there from what I've been told) but I wouldn't do it in Las Vegas to begin with, too many Commi-fornia transplants here.

Open carry and "car carry" (loaded handgun stored in vehicle, can't be conceal on person) are legal, even in North Las Vegas and Boulder City.
NV passed a pre-emption law that voided the North Las Vegas and Boulder City ordinances prohibiting open carry/car carry.

You can have a firearm, loaded or unloaded, concealed or not concealed, in your vehicle. It just can't be concealed on your person or in a bag that you can grab easily and take with you (like a purse, or Maxpedition Jumbo, briefcase, messenger bag, etc...).

Not true

From another forum:

Nevadashooters.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone copied this over to the Nevadashooters web site and this is the response from one of our moderators.

"I'm calling BS. Loud and proud, I'm calling BS."

"I just got off the phone with Lisa up at the Washoe County Sheriff's Office. She directed me to a website Nevada Department of Public Safety where they have a section called "CCW Changes" Link Removed.

Utah is still listed. She informed me there were no changes to reciprocity in the 2009 legislature, but if there were ever any changes that they would be listed there. Last change to CCW laws was in 2007 with the generic revolver clause and this updated list (MI was added in 2008):

Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

Effective Oct 1, 2007

In accordance with NRS 202.3689 passed by the 2007 Nevada Legislature the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:

Alaska
Arkansas
Florida (added January 3, 2008)
Kansas
Louisiana
Michigan (added May 9, 2008)
Missouri
Nebraska
Tennessee
Utah

This law allows holders of valid permits from these states to carry a concealed weapon while in the State of Nevada. The permit must be in the possession of the issuee at all times while carrying a firearm. "

Open carry and "car carry" (loaded handgun stored in vehicle, can't be conceal on person) are legal, even in North Las Vegas and Boulder City.
NV passed a pre-emption law that voided the North Las Vegas and Boulder City ordinances prohibiting open carry/car carry.

This is why I hate gun control laws. The laws are too confusing from city to city :mad:

I know its from 2008, but the NLV laws still state that carrying in a car is illegal without a permit. http://blackwolfccw.com/yahoo_site_...TH_LAS_VEGAS_FIREARMS_LAWS_2008.326201159.pdf

From what I've gathered from the North Vegas cops is that its still illegal (although I did ask last year) and since I have a NV permit I haven't kept up on any changes.

I have an idea. Take all the gun control laws and throw them out the window, it'll help prevent mis-information in the future :D

As of 04-30-2009, North Las Vegas PD Assistant Chief Tim Bedwell says open carry is legal in North Las Vegas.

From another forum:

Nevadashooters.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone copied this over to the Nevadashooters web site and this is the response from one of our moderators.

"I'm calling BS. Loud and proud, I'm calling BS."

"I just got off the phone with Lisa up at the Washoe County Sheriff's Office. She directed me to a website Nevada Department of Public Safety where they have a section called "CCW Changes" Link Removed.

Utah is still listed. She informed me there were no changes to reciprocity in the 2009 legislature, but if there were ever any changes that they would be listed there. Last change to CCW laws was in 2007 with the generic revolver clause and this updated list (MI was added in 2008):

Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition

Effective Oct 1, 2007

In accordance with NRS 202.3689 passed by the 2007 Nevada Legislature the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:

Alaska
Arkansas
Florida (added January 3, 2008)
Kansas
Louisiana
Michigan (added May 9, 2008)
Missouri
Nebraska
Tennessee
Utah

This law allows holders of valid permits from these states to carry a concealed weapon while in the State of Nevada. The permit must be in the possession of the issuee at all times while carrying a firearm. "

This was also taken from another forum on the subject.

So I figured instead of all the hemming and hawing and speculation, I would just call. I called the number on their website, 775-684-6262, pushed 7 and got transfered to Gwenever(sp?) after the secretary had no idea what I was talkng about. She put me on hold because she didnt know either. When she came back, she said her higher up told her "tell them the website will be updated on July 1st" and she said she didnt know anything else and had no further information. Doesnt sound good, does it?
and
I just called Nevada Department of Public Safety and talked to a lady by the name of Guinevere (like King Arther's wife) that deals with reciprocity with other states. She said they are not releasing an official statement but on July 1st the website would be updated to reflect upcoming changes. She said to check the website on July 1st for those changes.

Nevada Webpage: Link Removed

I checked with the Nevada DPS and although they will neither confirm or deny at this time, from what I've heard from many sources, it sounds like both Utah and Florida will be dropped from Nevada's reciprocity list. They said to check on July 1st because there are several changes. It sounds like some states may be added. I hope that Arizona is one of them. In any event, I'll check on July 1st.

I checked with the Nevada DPS and although they will neither confirm or deny at this time, from what I've heard from many sources, it sounds like both Utah and Florida will be dropped from Nevada's reciprocity list. They said to check on July 1st because there are several changes. It sounds like some states may be added. I hope that Arizona is one of them. In any event, I'll check on July 1st.

Well if you check the reciprocity map here Nevada is still blue. Did you here anything about Pennsylvania? Someone said they heard PA was going to be dropped.

website updates

Link Removed was changed. UT & FL removed and WV & OH added.

Link Removed changed NV to a state that does not recognize UT permits.

FL DACS removed NV from list of states that have reciprocity with FL.

Also on the FL website.
This list was last updated on July 1, 2009, when the State of Nevada was removed from the reciprocity list. Authorities in Nevada notified the Division of Licensing that as of that date, Nevada would no longer honor Florida concealed weapon licenses. Therefore, in accordance with the reciprocity provision set forth in section 790.015, Florida Statutes, Florida could no longer honor concealed weapon licenses issued by the State of Nevada.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back