UTAH + Florida -non resident- Multi State licenses

mshean

I am attempting to give you all an accurate reference or ‘at a glance’ guide of what states will honor the Utah non resident CCW, and what states will honor the Florida non resident CCW, and what states will honor both of them, or just one of them. Now , I have found this to be harder than I thought it would be when I set out to do this project, if there is something, anything I have missed please email me about the oversight pointing to accurate facts, and I will research and correct the error quickly. Thank you. Mark Shean–

First things first, I thought it would be best to begin by listing all the constitutionally dysfunctional states/regimes, these are the regimes where the progressives, (democrats) will not honor anyone’s out of state license to carry, (your a bad guy in these states). These regimes are listed here in alphabetical order:

CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, HAWAII, ILLINOIS (Obamanation), MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETT’S, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OREGON, RHODE ISLAND, WISCONSIN. There you have it, eleven states that do not consider your gun rights as a citizen of the United States under the Constitution.

Personally, I will not spend my money in states that do not honor our Constitutional/God given right to self defense within our nations boarders, from sea to shining sea.

These next 4 states will only honor the UTAH non resident CCW, (as opposed to Florida) if you have it, not both: Arizona, Michigan, Minnesota, + North Carolina. *Bear in mind the title of my article, I am not talking about other non-resident licenses these states may already honor, only these two ‘multi’ state license’s.

These next 3 states will only honor the FLORIDA non resident CCW, (as opposed to Utah) if you have it, not both: Kansas, New Mexico,+ South Carolina.*Again, bear in mind the title of my article, I am not talking about other non-resident licenses these states may already honor, only these two ‘multi’ state license’s.

Colorado 18-12-213. Reciprocity.
(1) A permit to carry a concealed handgun or a concealed weapon that is issued by a state that recognizes the validity of permits issued pursuant to this part 2 shall be valid in this state in all respects as a permit issued pursuant to this part 2 if the permit is issued to a person who is:
(a) Twenty-one years of age or older; and
(b) (I) A resident of the state that issued the permit, as demonstrated by the address stated on a valid picture identification that is issued by the state that issued the permit and is carried by the permit holder; or
(II) A resident of Colorado for no more than ninety days, as determined by the date of issuance on a valid picture identification issued by Colorado and carried by the permit holder.
(2) For purposes of this section, a "valid picture identification" means a driver's license or a state identification issued in lieu of a driver's license.
Source: L. 2003: Entire part added, p. 646, § 1, effective May 17. L. 2007: Entire section amended, p. 956, § 1, effective May 17.

Before I get to the states that do honor both the Utah and Florida CCW, there needs to be some clarification for New Hampshire, Florida, Kansas, New Mexico + South Carolina. OK, here we go, New Hampshire will honor the Florida and Utah CCW only if you are a resident of Florida and Utah. Kansas, South Carolina and New Mexico will honor the Florida CCW only if you are a resident of the ‘Sunshine’ State, they will not honor Utah. Lastly, Florida will recognize the Utah license only if your a resident of Utah. Please read this paragraph over a couple times to get it right…..

The next list of 27 states will honor both the Florida and Utah CCW, this does not mean they will not honor other state licenses as well, but for the sake of attempting simplicity, if you have a non resident Florida and/or Utah CCW multi state license you will know where you can take your concealed handgun in your travels:

Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah-(FL), Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, + Wyoming. Again, 27 states in all. NOTE: Utah honors the Florida CCW even if your not a resident of Florida. As mentioned previously, Florida does not do the same for Utah.

These next are a few states that do not honor the Utah CCW, but a couple may honor Florida* and other state licenses, only if you are a resident from that state:

KANSAS, As of 6-14-2011, will recognize: Arizona, Florida, (as already mentioned), Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota, South Carolina, + Texas.

MAINE, As listed 8-23-2011,will recognize: Arkansas, Delaware, South Dakota, Louisiana, North Dakota, + Wyoming.

NEVADA, As of 7-1-2011, will recognize: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri,

Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Rhode Island, + West Virginia.

NEW HAMPSHIRE, As listed 8-23-2011, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida (as previously mentioned), Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah (as previously mentioned), + Wyoming.

NEW MEXICO, As listed 8-23-2011, Formal written reciprocity with Texas, informal reciprocity with; Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, (as already mentioned), Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, + Wyoming.

SOUTH CAROLINA, As listed 8-23-2011, will recognize: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, (as already mentioned), Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, + Wyoming.

NOTE: It does not matter what license you may have to go into other states, the states you go into EXPECT you to know their laws concerning concealed carry. So it is in your best interest to do your homework prior to traveling. Even in the 11 constitutionally dysfunctional states you are protected by a federal law* if you find yourself passing through one of these 11 regimes, it is known as the McClure-Volkmer Act of 1986, you can read it below:

INTERSTATE TRANSPORT of FIREARMS info:

The Federal McClure-Volkmer Act of 1986*: In a nutshell, (as I read it, not verbatim). This federal act will protect you from criminally friendly, ‘constitutionally dysfunctional’ states/regimes, (11 of them, Ca. Ma. Ill. NY. NJ. etc.) in this way: Individuals transporting through certain states that would otherwise view such transport as ‘illegal’, may do so under this law if the weapons are unloaded, cased and stowed in a trunk or locked vehicle compartment which is not readily accessible to the occupants. Any ammunition must also be kept separate and be locked away from the occupants and firearms.

Mark’s Note: (This ‘act‘ I believe, is to ensure the safety of any criminal(s) intent on a felony assault of you and your loved ones in these 11 ’constitutionally dysfunctional’ states/regimes) also (I suggest buying the ammo when you get to where your going, as there may not be enough ‘compartments’ in your vehicle to be in compliance.) This ‘act’ is a reflection of our so-called Representative’s looking out for our safety…….?! Sure…..

‘ACT’ 0f 1986 continued; The law abiding traveler(s) must simply be passing through the ‘constitutionally dysfunctional’ states/regimes, and must be bound for a jurisdiction where the possession of such weapons are not considered a threat or illegal by any ‘constitutionally respectful’ state(s). As long as the traveler(s) maintain a steady uninterrupted course through the ‘constitutionally dysfunctional’ states/regimes with the ‘offending’ weapons/ammo stowed in the manner described above, they will be protected from a felony assault on their inalienable rights from the 11 ‘constitutionally dysfunctional’ states/regimes that they might travel through. Prime example; New Jersey

On a personal note: I believe we should be able to go anywhere within our United States, with one license issued by the state wherein we live, as we do with a drivers license per the Full Faith and Credit clause in our Constitution, found under Article IV, Section I. Go read it, it is already clear, all but one of these states are playing games with our gun rights. Vermont has the Constitution right, they dont need gun licenses there to own firearms, if your a criminal, a code is put on your drivers license, you can not own firearms, and you better not be caught with one.

Submitted By Mark Shean, 8-23-2011
Mark Shean: Ma.LTC/FID

Kansas, South Carolina and New Mexico will honor the Florida CCW only if you are a resident of the ‘Sunshine’ State,

True for SC...but not for KS or NM.

CO, FL, ME, MI, NH and SC are the only states that require residency for reciprocal permits.

mrjam2jab, I will check that out Friday and if so will correct it, this is a work in progress that needs 'tweaking'. Thanks

First things first, I thought it would be best to begin by listing all the constitutionally dysfunctional states/regimes, these are the regimes where the progressives, (democrats) will not honor anyone’s out of state license to carry, (your a bad guy in these states). These regimes are listed here in alphabetical order:

CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, HAWAII, ILLINOIS (Obamanation), MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETT’S, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OREGON, RHODE ISLAND, WISCONSIN. There you have it, eleven states that do not consider your gun rights as a citizen of the United States under the Constitution.

As of 11/01/11 Need to remove WI from that list.

These next 4 states will only honor the UTAH non resident CCW, (as opposed to Florida) if you have it, not both: Arizona, Michigan, Minnesota, + North Carolina. *Bear in mind the title of my article, I am not talking about other non-resident licenses these states may already honor, only these two ‘multi’ state license’s.

Not sure how I missed it last time...MI does not honor Non-resident permits.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back