Utah CCL or not

DC99

Going for my IL CCL soon and they offer the Utah class for 50.00 more. My question is it worth it. My AZ CCL covers most of the states that the Utah one does I think all but three. Not sure if it's worth the extra dough. What are the general thoughts.
TIA

Going for my IL CCL soon and they offer the Utah class for 50.00 more. My question is it worth it. My AZ CCL covers most of the states that the Utah one does I think all but three. Not sure if it's worth the extra dough. What are the general thoughts.
TIA
If your AZ class was within the last 2 years then you can still get the Utah permit without the extra class.

My AZ CCL covers most of the states that the Utah one does I think all but three. Not sure if it's worth the extra dough. What are the general thoughts.
TIA

Are you ever going to travel to any of the extra states you would get and is there a legal method of carrying without a recognized license, such as open carry?

Are you ever going to travel to any of the extra states you would get and is there a legal method of carrying without a recognized license, such as open carry?

Good question probably not. Not sure about open carry laws in those states. That's why not sure if it's worth it for a few extra states.

Huh?

Utah requires a very specific course of instruction by a Utah BCI certified instructor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It's actualy a very generic 4hr lecture, there's not even any hands-on instruction. LegalHeat tours the states and their single 4hr class gets you the Utah and Arizona carry permits.

It's actualy a very generic 4hr lecture, there's not even any hands-on instruction. LegalHeat tours the states and their single 4hr class gets you the Utah and Arizona carry permits.
I have a UT permit. The legal heat class includes the UT curriculum which is a must for UT.

I also have an AZ permit, they accept most training. An AZ class would not qualify for UT unless it meets UT BCI curriculum requirements.

I have a UT permit. The legal heat class includes the UT curriculum which is a must for UT.

I also have an AZ permit, they accept most training. An AZ class would not qualify for UT unless it meets UT BCI curriculum requirements.

Your point being?

Didn't you tell someone if they took an AZ class they would qualify for UT?
The class OP took for his AZ permit may have been UT compliant. OP didn't say what kind of class he took. All I did was offer a possible option. OP knows what class he took, and how long ago, then qualify that option as workable or not.

The class itself, for either state, is not overly specialized. The only difference is a lecture block on specific laws of that state. I honestly don't recall any of the UT specific laws but that doesn't invalidate my UT permit (not entirely true, I know I can't carry into a Utah church, but I'm not christian anyway for that to apply to me, and I don't need an NICS check if I buy a gun in Utah, but I don't buy guns from Utah for that to apply to me, either). Funny thing is I've never stepped foot in Utah. I got a Utah non-resident so that I could carry in Ohio while visiting family since Ohio doesn't honer my own state's permit. Whichever state I'm in I always take a look at Handgunlaws.us anyway as a quick reminder of the basics (if I have to tell a cop, list of prohibited places).

So OP wants to get an IL permit, great. Even with a permit 90% of IL remains off-limits anyway. OP, don't worry about the extra $50, worry about getting the IL permit at all. If you still elect to get the IL permit, go for the UT addon, at least then your IL permit will be good for something other than taking up space in your wallet.

The class OP took for his AZ permit may have been UT compliant. OP didn't say what kind of class he took. All I did was offer a possible option. OP knows what class he took, and how long ago, then qualify that option as workable or not.

The class itself, for either state, is not overly specialized. The only difference is a lecture block on specific laws of that state. I honestly don't recall any of the UT specific laws but that doesn't invalidate my UT permit (not entirely true, I know I can't carry into a Utah church, but I'm not christian anyway for that to apply to me, and I don't need an NICS check if I buy a gun in Utah, but I don't buy guns from Utah for that to apply to me, either). Funny thing is I've never stepped foot in Utah. I got a Utah non-resident so that I could carry in Ohio while visiting family since Ohio doesn't honer my own state's permit. Whichever state I'm in I always take a look at Handgunlaws.us anyway as a quick reminder of the basics (if I have to tell a cop, list of prohibited places).

So OP wants to get an IL permit, great. Even with a permit 90% of IL remains off-limits anyway. OP, don't worry about the extra $50, worry about getting the IL permit at all. If you still elect to get the IL permit, go for the UT addon, at least then your IL permit will be good for something other than taking up space in your wallet.
I agree somewhat but even with the no gun zones, it still will be worth it for the extra states that my AZ CCl does not cover.

Blueshell, not sure what state you are from. Ohio now recognizes all states of the USA, with the exception of Vermont (not sure why, could be no hard license issued since they are constitutional carry and always have been.) This just changed June 22 of this year.

Blueshell, not sure what state you are from. Ohio now recognizes all states of the USA, with the exception of Vermont (not sure why, could be no hard license issued since they are constitutional carry and always have been.) This just changed June 22 of this year.
I didn't know that, good news.

Good to go on my Illinois CCL and decided not to get Utah or Florida, not really worth it in my case.
Cheers....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back