Used my carry knife today

2beararms

A bit ago I started carrying a decent Taiwan made “Lightning” OTF auto knife as my edc. I got one with the serrated blade which is fairly rare in the lightning’s and figured it to be a good carry knife.

I got the chance to find out today. It was mid-afternoon and I was in the corner of the park where most of the crowd did not go. Earlier there were several gentlemen there tending to business and making sure things were well done while the main crowd was in the rest of the park. Now that the action had slowed, there was no need to be working this area and basically things were just starting to cool down. As I walked between two large metal cylinders, I looked up toward one and there he was. He was just sitting there, the afternoon sun now shining down and lighting him up making him seem like someone had oiled him, the way he glistened. You could not miss his presence, he had an aroma about him that identified his location immediately, and immediately I KNEW what needed to be done.

I reached to my back pocket without taking my eyes off of him and slid the knife from my pocket. SNAP I heard the unmistakable sound of the blade launching and locking into place and without further thought I reached my arm outward, then downward cutting him. I created a long slice down his side as liquid began oozing from the cut, I moved my blade back and with the serration finished the cut to the opposing edge. I speared the meat that now just hanged there with the tip of the blade, pulled it from his main area and neatly placed it onto a piece of bread. He was juicy, and tender and just downright delicious.

My “Lightning” had met with the renegade pork loin and performed exactly as I expected. I always believed this would be its destiny in my pocket and I hope it continues to perform for years to come.

If I had a nickel for every shinny red apple that has bit the dust due to the shaving sharp edge of my tatical.....:laugh:

Many a bologna and cheese sandwich has been halved by the finely honed edge of my Benchmade, along with the few apples.:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back