Used a F.A.T.S. trainning simulater

KimberPB

While I was up in Ohio visiting my dad and for my cousins wedding this past weekend I had a chance to run some scenarios on a F.A.T.S systems. It was an absolute blast and great training ad. it was nice being able to use the stuff from my tactical classes in these simulations. Shooting at moving targets at various distances, multiple targets, and when to shot vs. not to shoot was great training. Then being able to reply the scenario, talk through it and see where each shot hit (critical, non critical, or miss) was a great learning experience. All in all I think myself, my bro, and my Dad were on it for 2 hours (even my bros girlfriend ran a few scenarios). There was one scenario were 4 guys come out of a van shooting that was pretty intense. There was also 2 hostage scenario that I really liked. Trying to get a head shot on a moving bad guy, while he’s screaming and yelling, is much harder then on a stationary paper target.

Thanks again Mike at Galileo Systems. If anyone is in the Vermillion Ohio area check him out. :triniti:

Sounds pretty cool. I know you had a blast. I would like to have one of those. Perhaps if I took out a lone on my house.

Sounds pretty cool. I know you had a blast. I would like to have one of those. Perhaps if I took out a lone on my house.

I've actually been thinking of getting certified to train police and buying a unit to start a small business. I could work with the police and all the CCW instructors. But the base model will run you $86,000.00.

That sounds awesome.

Still, you could incorporate and get a group of investors together. You could use video of a particular local area or city to make it even more realistic.

That sounds awesome.

Still, you could incorporate and get a group of investors together. You could use video of a particular local area or city to make it even more realistic.

True I've been thinking about that route also. I hadn't thought about the video idea but its a good one. It'd be nice to get more CCW scenario's to use with the concealed classes.

True I've been thinking about that route also. I hadn't thought about the video idea but its a good one. It'd be nice to get more CCW scenario's to use with the concealed classes.
I've noticed some gun stores around here that don't have their own ranges; there's probably ones like that everywhere. Maybe one or two in your area would be willing to enter into a deal with you. If you can write up a business plan, provide effective managers and put a good strategy together, they might consider it an interesting investment.

Since capacity is limited in one of these things, walk-ins as the bulk of business aren't practical because people don't want to wait in line. Maybe you could sell monthly or weekly slots on a pre-scheduled basis, and do walk-ins during the downtime. A calendar on the web could help people to check what's available.

The stores could advertise it to their patrons, and even arrange private training sessions with an NRA instructor. You could set up a booth at local gun shows with videos of the "simulator experience" and sign people up on the spot.

Be careful about zoning laws, though...even though it's not a permanent structure, you want to make sure you have it in a favorable area or your local board will go batshit crazy. Most munis won't let you put a gun range just anywhere.

Also, make sure you cover yourself in terms of insurance and lawsuits. There are idiots everywhere, and I don't know much about the legals for gun ranges, but they probably operate under strict liability, That means that whatever you're doing is considered so dangerous, that if there's an accident, it's automatically your fault.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back