Use of deadly force/common sense

Geez, Doc. I wonder about you.

Not necessarily true. Some people can sleep just fine after killing someone. Now, that being said, the legal fees would likely be a royal pain in the backside.

You're really hung up on this remorse thing.

I must say, Doc, that the fact that you are so cavalier about the death of someone at your hand is....... troubling.

I agree that it is ultimately the transgressor who is responsible for him or herself and, thus, for their own death. That said, I believe that some sadness afterward is the mark of a healthy and well adjusted psyche. The people that I usually associate with the kind of attitude you purport to have are the ones we on the forum call "bad guys". Those are the ones that do not lose any sleep over killing someone.
:stop:
Before you get upset, I am not calling you a bad guy; maybe just not very empathetic.

I believe if I have need to take a life, first I will try to save the persons life so they can go to trial. After that fails, I'll be so heart renderingly stunned that I won't be able to speak for hours, perhaps days. I may repeat time after time, "I had no choice." It sounds innocent enough, but with the persons blood all over you, it can look to a prosecuter like you walked over to the perp to finish the job, then just looked teriffied that you were going to jail for the murder you just commited. I have to lean toward don't touch and don't tell. I may still try to save their life....hummm.:unsure:

I must say, Doc, that the fact that you are so cavalier about the death of someone at your hand is....... troubling.

I agree that it is ultimately the transgressor who is responsible for him or herself and, thus, for their own death. That said, I believe that some sadness afterward is the mark of a healthy and well adjusted psyche. The people that I usually associate with the kind of attitude you purport to have are the ones we on the forum call "bad guys". Those are the ones that do not lose any sleep over killing someone.
:stop:
Before you get upset, I am not calling you a bad guy; maybe just not very empathetic.

Trust me when I say I would never hurt anyone unless it was absolutely necessary. Necessary to the point that I doubt I would feel guilty about it later. I've never been in a lethal force scenario outside of the Military. I've seen a lot of people shot, stabbed and blown up, and the mere presence of a dead body of someone that is not a loved one, does not have the shock value it used to have. I can guarantee you that the number of people walking on the Earth because of me, far outweighs the number that aren't because of me.

I would go out of my way not to ever hurt anyone. I've already made that decision. I'm not looking for trouble, I'm avoiding it as much as humanly possible. Unfortunately, not everyone is like that. You have to be prepared to meet your best friend and worst enemy every day.

I consider myself a good guy. Maybe once you get to know me a bit, you will too.

Doc,I think I agree with you on this one.I have never,thank God,felt the necessity to kill anyone (though I recently wondered if I would),and I can not honestly say that I can know how I would feel if I did.But I would imagine that I would not feel a great deal of pity or remorse for them.I do not want to hurt nyone,and I definitely don't want to kill anyone.But if I felt that was the only way to stop them from killing me or a loved one,they either did,or were about to do something very bad,and it's on them.Now,I probably WOULD bitch about renting the equipment to celan up afterward.

doc,i think i agree with you on this one.i have never,thank god,felt the necessity to kill anyone (though i recently wondered if i would),and i can not honestly say that i can know how i would feel if i did.but i would imagine that i would not feel a great deal of pity or remorse for them.i do not want to hurt nyone,and i definitely don't want to kill anyone.but if i felt that was the only way to stop them from killing me or a loved one,they either did,or were about to do something very bad,and it's on them.now,i probably would bitch about renting the equipment to celan up afterward.

View attachment 364

Doc,I think I agree with you on this one.I have never,thank God,felt the necessity to kill anyone (though I recently wondered if I would),and I can not honestly say that I can know how I would feel if I did.But I would imagine that I would not feel a great deal of pity or remorse for them.I do not want to hurt nyone,and I definitely don't want to kill anyone.But if I felt that was the only way to stop them from killing me or a loved one,they either did,or were about to do something very bad,and it's on them.Now,I probably WOULD bitch about renting the equipment to celan up afterward.

Don't forget about the legal costs later too. Even in a good shoot, you're probably going to have to spend thousands to be sure you stay out of trouble. I would imagine that I would feel anger, toward the idiot that put me in that predicament.

Life is very, very valuable, and none is so valuable as yours, and the ones you love. That's very selfish of me, but I can live with that. Responsibility isn't easy, but it is necessary.

I've stabbed people who attacked me and left me with no exit( I once tried to run from 2 guys and when I heard one chase me. I pulled my knife and turned around.he tried to kick at the knife hand and I ended up stabbing his foot, cutting his laces and his shoe fell off). I went so far as to fend off a pack of 14 year olds who tired to rob me. one hit me in the head with a brick, cutting off part of my ear. that's when the knife came out and they ran like roaches when the light comes on. It never bothered me with these situations but I can't imagine the mental aftermath of shooting someone.

they way the cops are around here in ny keeping your mouth shut and asking for a lawyer and not saying anything is a good idea.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back