USAC Newbie

brock samson

Hey guys and gals. I'm new to the site and forum and just looking for any advice on a good conceal carry 9.

I own a Glock 31 and love it. It's an awesome firearm. However, for daily carry, it's a bit large.

My dad got a Springfield XD-M 9mm for Christmas. I've fired it twice and have been really impressed. So much less recoil than my Glock. It handles great and it is actually more fun to shoot at the range than my 31 - and it's cheaper to shoot as well.

I'm considering switching to a 9 mm for CC and keeping the 31 at home for HD. The brands I'm looking at are CZ, FNH, Sig, Springfield and Glock. I've heard really good things about the CZ Phantom and Duty. Of course, they are nearly impossible to find thanks to Mr. B.O., but that's another story.

Does anyone out there own or have any shooting experience with the newer CZs?

Any help would be geatly appreciated.

Welcome from Texas. Although my main carry is HK I also carry a Glock and own a Sig among others. You can't go wrong with any of these.

Welcome from Alabama! I agree with HK4U in that you can't really go wrong with the firearm prospects you listed. Try them all before you decide.

G26 is a wildly popular carry 9, and if you like Glocks would be nice to stay w.something familiar.

Love the Glocks. I'm also looking to purchase a gun for my wife as well. The first time she shot a gun was just a few weeks ago with me and my Dad. She had a great time putting holes in Mr. Smurf. She loved the power of my G31 and and the precise control of my dad's XD-M. I'm thinking of going with the XD-M for her in 9.

I wish Springfield made the XDM in a subcompact. It is one sweet pitsol. I would buy it for myself as a CC weapon in a heartbeat. Great sights, beautifully balanced and the clip release is FAR easier to use than on my Glock.

Love the Glocks. I'm also looking to purchase a gun for my wife as well. The first time she shot a gun was just a few weeks ago with me and my Dad. She had a great time putting holes in Mr. Smurf. She loved the power of my G31 and and the precise control of my dad's XD-M. I'm thinking of going with the XD-M for her in 9.

I wish Springfield made the XDM in a subcompact. It is one sweet pitsol. I would buy it for myself as a CC weapon in a heartbeat. Great sights, beautifully balanced and the clip release is FAR easier to use than on my Glock.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back