USA Today Poll on Gun Ownership

sailor

USA Poll

As of my reply time/date, 98% yes - 2% no. Total response of 72055. Pretty good!
sailor

gvaldeg1

NRA Member
I voted "YES" because I know that it is the common belief (even in these gun forums) that the Second Amendment gives us (the people) the right to keep and bear arms. In truth, the right to keep and bear arms is an intrinsic fundamental right recognized by our founders and Framers of the Constitution. All the Second Amendment does is protect us from "infringement" of this fundamental right. If you really look at it closely, you'll probably see what I mean.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The introductory clause "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," is just that...an introductory clause common to legal writings drafted in this period. The key point of this amendment is: " the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". The right of the people to keep and bear arms is assumed, axiomatically, to be a fundamental right that would exist even without the Second Amendment which protects that right from infringement.

I hope that I'm clear on this. I tend to ramble a little on RKBA issues which I support with vigor!

Last edited:

gvaldeg1

NRA Member
I found a link to an older article (1995) on the meaning of the Second Amendment which explains it from various viewpoints including that of the Constitutional Framers. This may help in explaining my previous position:

Link Removed

rmarcustrucker

97% for??? wow....guess that leaves the 2% as the politicians that want all the power and the 1% as the people that didn't know we had Amendments?
Still very powerful little poll. I wonder if D.C. and New York City and other politicians will see this and change there mind seeing that they are public SERVANTS and not the ruling God's they think they are....ok, back to reality.

DrDavidM

I don't believe they care what we want. They say what we want to hear until they get elected. Then they just do whatever makes them happy.

HK4U

They don't care

I don't believe they care what we want. They say what we want to hear until they get elected. Then they just do whatever makes them happy.

Sad to say for the most part you are right. Like I have said before "How can you tell if a politition is telling a lie? Answer, if his lips are moving.

Ektarr

Dedicated Infidel
As an amateur student of Etymology, I find that understanding the foundations of a word will frequently help you understand it better.

Take, for example, the word "Politics"...

This is a 'combination' word, and comes from the Latin word, Poli, meaning "Many"...

...and Ticks . . . Annoying, blood sucking little insects.​

DrDavidM

As an amateur student of Etymology, I find that understanding the foundations of a word will frequently help you understand it better.

I thought etymology was the study of insects. :D That could have given you a lot of insight about today's politicians.

Last edited:

kwo51

The question is who is listening?Do they care ? are we just giving the other side our locations and armament.

Memphis

I find it shocking that when I voted, (I have that right :) ) and toyed with the calculator I realized 12969.56 people voted "no".

How do we 'correct' this idiotic thought process before these people vote?

Last edited:

sheep dog

2nd Amendment

The USA poll is now 97%. My thoughts are watch out for government regulation. Look what our great CA government has done over the last 20 years. The Feds are next and it probably doesn't make any difference who gets elected. Great poll hope the world see it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlynn610