US District Court (Maryland) rules AR-15s "dangerous and unusual"

E

ezkl2230

As such, in her 47 page ruling, they judge said they fall outside the protection of the Second Amendment.

"Even accepting that there are 8.2 million assault weapons in the civilian gun stock, as the plaintiffs claim, assault weapons represent no more than 3% of the current civilian gun stock, and ownership of those weapons is highly concentrated in less than 1% of the U.S. population.The court is also not persuaded by the plaintiffs’ claims that assault weapons are used infrequently in mass shootings and murders of law enforcement officers. The available statistics indicate that assault weapons are used disproportionately to their ownership in the general public and, furthermore, cause more injuries and more fatalities when they are used...

...assault weapons are military-style weapons designed for offensive use, and
are equally, or possibly even more effective, in functioning and killing capacity as their fully automatic versions…"
Link Removed

So, according to this (dis)honorable judge: Dangerous guns aren't protected by the second amendment, just the harmless ones.

Somehow I don't think that he'd still feel that 9mm or any handgun round isn't dangerous when he's looking right down the barrel of some thug that ready to pop a cap.

So, according to this (dis)honorable judge: Dangerous guns aren't protected by the second amendment, just the harmless ones.

Somehow I don't think that he'd still feel that 9mm or any handgun round isn't dangerous when he's looking right down the barrel of some thug that ready to pop a cap.

She is an idiot.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

The 2A doesn't describe specific weapons. If you're going to use the argument when this document was written the founders weren't suggesting citizens have military grade weapons. All the weapons in use at the time the 2A was written were military grade weapons. There's nothing unusual about semi-auto weapons. All weapons can be dangerous if misused. What makes they unusual?

The point is that her nonsensical blabberings are the fuel feeding the fires of the know-nothings that want their safety and their government assistance.

Judges now a day legislate from the bench. and MAKE law to their own beliefs. I am pretty sure this will be appealed

So what are everybody's plans if this goes all the way to the Supreme Court and is upheld? Is it time to at least start thinking about that now?

So what are everybody's plans if this goes all the way to the Supreme Court and is upheld? Is it time to at least start thinking about that now?
Passed time for thinking, then it becomes time for doing. My guns will be empty when taken from me. But they may burn the hands of those that do the taking because the last one in my hands will be warm.

So if it does make it to the SCOTUS, will they have the guts to back the 1939 Miller ruling?

Passed time for thinking, then it becomes time for doing. My guns will be empty when taken from me. But they may burn the hands of those that do the taking because the last one in my hands will be warm.

My answer is identical.

So if it does make it to the SCOTUS, will they have the guts to back the 1939 Miller ruling?

I have zero confidence in more than two Justices to vote correctly (Thomas and Scalia), and it's far from 100% confidence even in those two. Absolutely no ruling would surprise me that goes against our rights. The only thing that would surprise me would be a full-on win at SCOTUS.

Blues

Many members here and assuredly most of the "2A supportin', gun lovin' and Molan Labe" shouting crowds will cowardly hand over their weapons... y'know to "protect their families". A smaller percentage will bury theirs in hopes that one day the populace of AmeriKa is ready and willing to engage in violent conflict against an ever more tyrannical government regime. Until that day one's life would be wasted going up against the powers that be, another oft-labeled "right-winger", "tea-bagger", "domestic terrorist" that went crazy... this of course happening as hundreds of thousands of "Patriots" watch it go down on the boob tube, sitting there shaking their heads or searching inside for the courage to gather in number w/ others and do the same but with perhaps more chance of success.

No, unfortunately for gentlemen like you and I Blues, I think we'll live out our days cursing those around us who just weren't willing to give up material possessions, electronic comforts, weekend BBQs and ball games even for the chance at giving their children or grand-children a better and more free existence. After all, in today's AmeriKa... comfort is freedom.

I hate people..........

This needs to go to the US Supreme court ASAP, before Obama can appoint more Left Wing Liberal Judges.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back