Update to CT Laws Page

reidksmith

I'm doing research for a public policy firm on gun rights/control throughout the United States. I am currently researching each state's gun laws, and have been using this site to check my interpretation of laws. I find it quite helpful.

Here's in addition to the CT Laws page. Under 'Alcohol and Drugs' it says "still waiting for more information..."

The following can be find in the Connecticut Penal Code, Title 53, (Sec. 53-206d),

"Carrying a firearm while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drug prohibited. Hunting while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drug or while impaired by the consumption of intoxicating liquor prohibited. (a)(1) No person shall carry a pistol, revolver, machine gun, shotgun, rifle or other firearm, which is loaded and from which a shot may be discharged, upon his person (A) while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or any drug, or both, or (B) while the ratio of alcohol in the blood of such person is ten-hundredths of one per cent or more of alcohol, by weight."

In other words, carrying a firearm while under the influence is illegal and a class A misdemeanor. Here's the link: Link Removed.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back