Update "No Firearm Sign"

RRGlock23

I went to the the Ono Hawaiian BBQ. I loved Hawaiian foods and I am from Hawaiian. There is a sign says no firearm on the wall near cashier counter. And the AMF Bowling Center there is outside sign says no firearm.

Whoever comes to AZ for a vacation. Just want to let you know and don't OC and CC in their place/restaurant. Okay. smile....:biggrin:

Ono Hawaiian BBQ
Ono Hawaiian BBQ
13070 West Rancho Santa Fe Boulevard, Avondale, AZ - (623) 536-0188
3923 East Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ - (602) 306-1688
4972 South Power Road, Gilbert, AZ - (480) 279-2342

AMF Peoria Lanes Bowling Center
Link Removed
8475 West Olive Avenue
Peoria, AZ 85345-7117
(623) 486-1496

I will continue posting the updates for you if I see go somewhere and see the sign "no firearm". Smile. :biggrin:

RRGlock23

Last edited:
Hey Lukem, are you gonna make a sticky lists post? I will giving you updates if I saw the sign "no firearm". :biggrin:

I don't often see those signs here in MA. I guess the business owners
1. don't think anyone in their right mind would go through all the trouble to get a license in this state anyway.
2. Assume that gun control is hard at work keeping them protected from pesky gun people.
3. Appreciate that there may be an armed citizen in their place that could thwart an armed robber...

Humm. I wonder which answer is closer to the truth...

AZ already has a new law January 11, 2010

HB 2347 & SB 1015
3. Contain the words, "no firearms allowed pursuant to A.R.S. section 4‑229".

In TX there is a very official sign that a business must post. The letters have to be a certain height, it has to be in English and Spanish. Anything else is not a legal sign and carries no legal weight. I see very few of the official signs.

(I'm not a constitutional lawyer, but I play one on the internet)

Some clarification is required here:

This is a state law, not the restaurant's choosing. Because they serve alcohol, they are not allowed to allow firearms in their establishment, whether they wish to or not.

It's not fair to ban restaurants that serve alcohol because of this sign, their hands are tied! If the sign says 4-229, that's why, it's because they serve alcohol. (not to be confused with "sell alcohol", which any Circle K or grocery store does).

If the sign doesn't cite the statute, or cites 13-3108 (I think that's the one), then ban it if you like...it IS their choosing.

This is a state law, not the restaurant's choosing. Because they serve alcohol, they are not allowed to allow firearms in their establishment, whether they wish to or not.

It's not fair to ban restaurants that serve alcohol because of this sign, their hands are tied! If the sign says 4-229, that's why, it's because they serve alcohol. (not to be confused with "sell alcohol", which any Circle K or grocery store does).

If the sign doesn't cite the statute, or cites 13-3108 (I think that's the one), then ban it if you like...it IS their choosing.

I am not a lawyer, and I just found a web site for you to look at it. may it helps more information for you. Link Removed

Yeah, after I re-read the statute, I realized it does not apply to CCW. My bad. So if a place does display the sign, it is their choice I'm gathering.

Yep. That's why I had to pull out my firearm from the holster and leave my firearm in the console. Then I go in any restaurant, but I hate that makes me worry, because lots of grand auto thefts they stole the car and find my firearm inside the console, man. :fie:

Otherwise, follow the law from the sign post, it saves your ccw license without revoke or suspended. :pleasantry: I know we disagreed that and we have the right to self-defense. :angry:

Or just don't patronize the business any more. But if we stop patronizing them for that reason, we need to let them know. It doesn't do any good to boycott if the company never hears about it or hears about why.

Arizona law leaves it up to the owner.

Get yourself some of the "no guns = no $" cards to pass out.
Call or email their manager or corporate office.
Some places have changed their stance and removed the signs.

Here are a couple of sites that list AZ CCW friendly places to eat:
Link Removed
Link Removed

I'm pretty sure you're a member of AZS and seen this thread discussing many restaurants and their stance on the issue:
Link Removed

I've stopped eating at some of my favorite places because they posted and have no plans of removing them.

No Firearms

Add to the anti-2A list:

Any Chipotle
Any Rubio's
Any Costco
Streets of New York Pizza - 59th Ave / Thunderbird
Chino Bandido - 19th Ave / Greenway
Any AMC movie theater

Anybody have a list of national companies (all locations/all states) that have a no-guns restriction (that are not bars)?

Would be handy...

Jeff

Anybody have a list of national companies (all locations/all states) that have a no-guns restriction (that are not bars)?

Would be handy...

Jeff
I second that. I was at a Subway in Ohio this past weekend and by the door was a no firearms sign.

As mentioned above, Chipotle. While I am not the one that spends the most money there, I was entering location below, let a few ladies behind in enter, while I went back to the car. Sad, real sad.

3039 W. Peoria Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85029

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back