Update: NH Non-Resident License Processing Time

HowardCohodas

First, a useful page about non-resident pistol licenses is Link Removed. It contains a contact phone number.

Second, I called to follow up on my application and learned that processing time is now 4 weeks.

4 weeks!? Oh well.

I'm going to be job and house hunting in New Hampshire this Summer and have just sent in my non-res application yesterday. Summer is further than 4 weeks so I guess it's no bother to wait.

Today I talked to a real person (as opposed to just the info before leaving a message).

First, she said that the turnaround time is now 4 - 6 weeks.

Second, she had no way of verifying that they even received my application. Kind of disappointing.

Third, the check has not cleared the bank.

I'll wait two more weeks before I follow up again unless I receive it.

A friend sent in his 1 Feb and hasn't seen or heard anything. I told him to call them but it looks like they have no idea whats in the system. Oh well!

Second piece of great news to report to the forum today. The check is in bank database today.
License arrived in mail today.

Check dated: 11 March
Check cleared: 29 Arpil
License recieved: 1 May

Last edited:
FINALLY! Finally got my Non-Res/Class A for MA. Sent in the application around the first week of April and just got it in todays mail.
I can tell you My record is "spotless"; I've had a MA. Firearm license in the past (lived in MA. before); turned in two NRA certificates on courses I took; proof of existing NH Firearm license also and it still took two months. I'm not complaining, just making an observation. They have 6-9-2008 for the date stamped on it. Seems it could actually be from being backed logged maybe???
$100. though for just one year......that sucks.

My NH non-resident permit took 7 weeks and that was about a year ago. I called to check on it and the lady told me when they deposited my check but it took about four weeks after that.

Took me and my Coworker about 2 months.... we just got ours yesterday.... Don't be in a rush ....

I have filed a lawsuit against the state, and have Rep David Welch looking into mine.

The law says they MUST issue within 14 calendar days or reply why not.

It has already been 30 days for me, so we'll see what happens from here. I don't really care, or need the permit, it's only about "what's right".

Better be careful what you wish for, they may just modify the law to make the issue time 6 months or more. I'd simply be patient, and get a class of people together in the meantime. Find an attorney who will be able to file the lawsuit as a "class action" and be sure that they cannot change the law to some unreasonable turn around time above and beyond the current 14 days.

gf

I just received my nonresident after ~10 weeks, 5 weeks after the check cleared. I think that part of the holdup was a mix up on the spelling of my last name.

I called after 8 weeks and they couldn't find my file until I told them how to spell my name. After she found it, I was told that it had been reviewed and there were no comments attached. She said I would receive it in the mail after their next printing, which would be in 1-2 weeks. She was spot on.

What suprised me was that I received the card in an envelope with no other documentation. No details about the priveledges attained with the license, applicable laws, or any other detail. It doesn't bother me, but is somewhat suprising.

I am a NYS Resident license holder.

Last edited:
I just received my nonresident after ~10 weeks, 5 weeks after the check cleared. I think that part of the holdup was a mix up on the spelling of my last name.

I called after 8 weeks and they couldn't find my file until I told them how to spell my name. After she found it, I was told that it had been reviewed and there were no comments attached. She said I would receive it in the mail after their next printing, which would be in 1-2 weeks. She was spot on.

What suprised me was that I received the card in an envelope with no other documentation. No details about the priveledges attained with the license, applicable laws, or any other detail. It doesn't bother me, but is somewhat suprising.

I am a NYS Resident license holder.

Can you list what phone number you used? The only one that I have been able to find only takes messages, I've never been able to reach a real person. I'm at about that 10 week mark, too.

Thanks!

I called 603-271-3575 and left a message. On the message, I repeated all important information twice. Spelled my last name, told them the date I mailed the application, the date the check cleared my account, and my phone number 2 or 3 times. I got a phone call ~3 hours later that same day, and the woman I spoke with was very friendly and helpful.

Best of luck.

My record is spotless and it still took two months. That tells me they must be backed up, otherwise it would have come sooner. If "I didn't care" or "really didn't need the permit", I wouldn't be calling. With all the calls they get from people asking when their license is coming can be another reason why it takes so long. For the ones who "do care", we travel through MA. for business/pleasure and need a LTC. We got all our documents together and waited. Yeh it sucked having to leave my weapon home when I left for work in MA., but I got mine now and I'm good for one year. Hopefully when I go to renew it next year it will be less paperwork. Having to wait for your Non-res LTC is minor. PLEASE be patient and don't make things harder for the ones who "do care" to get their LTC. "What's Right" is being SMART.

Gee, talk about "spoke to soon"! Check out Mass., says Duvall wants to increase $ for residents; non; and dealers!

You talking about a MASS permit? Or a NH one? As i put my paper work in last Friday and they said it will be back this week. My department has about a week turn around time. Idk why or how they do it and get it back so fast from concord but it's nice.

LOL, i was thinking they where talking about a NH permit for instate not out of state. As thats what i was talking about i miss read the title of the topic my bad. It's in the NH forum so i was thinking it was NH.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back