Up Nort Wisconsin Open Carry Day and fun shoot.

CalicoJack10

OK, here is what is tentatively planned for the north woods Open Carry get together and possible Fun Shoot/Fund Raiser. The only people I have left to contact about this is the VVA to see if we can use their range on Hwy 51 in Arbor Vitae. But the plan goes as this:

Saturday, April 30th, mid day, at Bad Bones BBQ in Minocqua we are thinking about a meet, greet, and eat. This will be an open carry event, and the first real get together that I know of in this area.

Sunday, May 1st, 10 A.M. at Caywood Shooting Range (Just north of northern lights Harley Davidson) on highway 51 in Arbor Vitae, we will do a fun shoot Calico Jack style. We will have shooting events and contests as well as a 50/50 raffel, and other fun stuff. This will not be an official fundraiser, but will be a chance to Fun Shoot to help raise money to be donated to the Lakeland Area Special Olympics. This is mainly because they have a tough time raising money for the programming. This is a bring your own gun and bring your own ammo event. I will check up on the licensing and what not on Monday, and I will put up the info as soon as I get it. In the event that we need licensing for this event, we will require "At your own risk" waivers for all shooters. Again, I will update this information as soon as I have it.

I am working on sponsors for the shooting event, and will provide information to anyone willing to help with sponsorship or volunteering. For the fun shoot we will need 6 station volunteers, and at least 3 registration volunteers. If you have any ideas or questions post them here and I will get back to you asap. Thanks.

Calico Jack

OK, it is official, we are doing the Open Carry day at Bad Bones BBQ in Minocqua on April 30th 2011, from noon to ???.

Bad Bones BBQ Inc.
224 Milwaukee St
Minocqua, WI 54548

The fun shoot is planned for the following sunday. The VVA has allowed us to close the range for a "Private Event" and we have RSO's and at least one gunsmith that will be on sight (not sure if he will be working or shooting). The shoot will be at:

Caywood Memorial/VVA Range
Hwy 51 North
Arbor Vitae, WI 54568

Due to the cost of licensing we will not be doing pay events, it will be a fun shoot with a donation bucket/box. Hopefully we can work out a second fundraiser for later in the summer.

The AmericINN in Minocqua is on the island and is only a couple blocks from the BBQ place. They also have some of the best rates in town in you need a hotel for the night. They are at:

AmericINN
700 Hwy 51 North
Minocqua, WI 54548
(715) 356-3730

Hope to see all of you there.

The Final Chapter

OK Wisconsin, here is all the info, if I miss anything, I will fix it on edit.

Open Carry Meet and Eat
This will be at Bad Bones BBQ in downtown Minocqua on Saturday April 30th, 2011 and will run from noon to about 7 p.m. The address is listed below. Open carry is encouraged, but not required.

Fun Shoot and Fundraiser
Noon to Dusk

This is a free to everyone event. We will have drinks (Soda/Water) for sale there throughout the course of the day. The range is 100 yards and will accommodate any firearm up to 20 MM Sniper Rifles (I have shot one there). Full Autos are not OK at this event unless they are accompanied by LEOs or appropriate paperwork, and they should not exceed.223 or 9mm in caliber.

Awards will be given for first, second, and third place in the following 8 events set up on the day of the fun shoot.

Junior Rifle
Junior Pistol
Antique Military Rifle
Antique Muzzle Loader
Modern Muzzle Loader
Hunting Rifle
Carry/Duty Pistol
Precision Rifle

There is no cost to compete in any of these events and they will be set up throughout the day to allow for some shooting for fun. Appropriate targets for the contests will be supplied by us, however, you will be responsible for your own weapons and ammunition, as well as the appropriate range and safety gear you will need. All weapons and ammunition that are in questionable condition will have to be inspected prior to shooting by a gunsmith that will be on sight. Everyone on the range will have to read and sign off on a liability waiver for the sponsors, as well as the range safety brief.

We will also have several range booths set up for a shoot for fun deal in case you just want to come out and throw a few rounds down range. We will also have extra targets for sale at the event.

We will have donation buckets set up for the Lakeland Area Special Olympics, and all of the donations as well as the money from the drink and target sales will be donated to this organization. There will also be a donation bucket set up for the Vietnam Veterans of America at the registration table, and the funds from this will be donated to help with the upkeep of the range itself.

This will be a shoot at your own risk event.
For anyone desiring to stay the night you should be sure to contact the AmericInn of Minocqua and let them know you are there with Calico Jack Defense. This is so that they can give you the letter of permission to carry openly on their property being that they have a Liquor License that has not expired yet. Their info will also be listed at the bottom of the page.

Also, the plan is to have our district's state representative stop by during the event to allow for a chance to meet some of the athletes and see what we are doing. However, I am asking that the politics be kept to a minimum as he is already well aware of OC, and constitutional carry, and this event is about benefiting the Special Olympics. I should also add that this man is a decent human being and is VERY pro gun and has worked hard to make sure we have the rights we want recognized.

There will also be no age requirement for this event, butchildren must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is legally allowed to sign the waiver and range safety brief for them.

I am hoping that the only edit I will have to make is to allow for a shotgun contest, but we will see. As usual, if you have any questions, e-mail me through my site Flash Intro Page , PM me on here, or call me on my business line listed on the web site.

Bad Bones BBQ
201 Milwaukee St.
Minocqua, WI 54548
(715) 358-0200

AmericInn of Minocqua
700 Hwy 51 North
Minocqua, WI 54548
(715) 356-3730
(Make sure you tell them you are there with Calico Jack Defense)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back