Unlawful Carry Arrest

G50AE

Finalists for the Miss CCW Pageant.

I missed out on this AND the Miss CCW pageant? Seriously, WHAT does a girl have to do to win a prize around here?

Actually you were nominated as one of the finalists. You'll have tough competition though, Tucker's Mom, Cathyinblue, and Daisey are the other three finalists.

Cowboy615

Gentlemen (and ladies) let's be civil here. This forum is for friendship and support, not for hating the intellectual skills of each others peers. I am merely looking for guidance, not criticism or arguments. I believe I have made the right steps and I appreciate the positive input of those who have posted to help. As for everyone else; I have reduced my carrying and have made further steps to correct my thinking process, even while drinking. I want to make this world a safer place not a jungle of incoherent fools.

andersonj1988

I hate to say this, but it doesn't matter what type of certification you have, drinking with a gun is illegal. I have a friend that keeps trying to get away with it, usually he does. But eventually it will catch up with him and his CCW can be kissed goodbye. I would suggest getting a private lawyer, but that may just be a waste of money... Either way I hope it works out in your favor. Good luck!

trophyhunter

As other's Stated dont drink while carrying.God forbid you ever had to use your Weapon while drinking.You would be up a creek, without a paddle........

walt629

I see no reason to crack jokes about your mishap. We all make mistakes.

You need to find a local lawyer with experience in that sector, best thing you can do.

And I see no joke in carrying a fire arm and drinking. Evidently this yokel drank enough and did enough to draw the attention of local law enforcement. I don't know about anyone else but telling this guy "Aww. That's too bad. Hope it works out." is reinforcing unacceptable behavior.

We all, all of us that take the time to do the right thing to obtain our permit in our respective states are diminished by numbnuts like this. Actions like his give creedence to the antis rants about us not being responsible. It absolutely ticks me off everytime I hear someone inour ranks make excuses for stupid behavior of someone just because they are supposed to be one of 'the brethren'.

Everytime something like this happens and we make excuses for it we all are diminshed by it, our credibility is erroded and we all take one more step toward giving up our 2A rights. One of the ways we stay ahead of the ones that want to take away our 2A rights is to police our own ranks.

Dress down the dip sh!t on the firing range that is pointing the loaded gun anywhere but down range. Educate the ignorant. Correct the newspaper when they print half truths. Write your congressman about potentially damaging legislation and police our ranks for knucleheads that drink and carry!

Spend some time in jail, loose you right, suffer the concequences. My opinion and I'm entitled to it. ANd yes! I rant!

Deadscott

all of us that take the time to do the right thing to obtain our permit in our respective states are diminished by numbnuts like this. Actions like his give creedence to the antis rants about us not being responsible
I thought I was the only one who felt this way

Unfettered Might

Μολών λαβ&
Damn, that sucks.

Sure glad I live in a state where im not punished for something I might do. You can get as drunk as you want here and still carry, just dont misjudge shooting someone without proper justification or their gonna come down hard on ya....after you actually did something....kinda where the punishment belongs.

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
walt629:222051 said:
And I see no joke in carrying a fire arm and drinking. Evidently this yokel drank enough and did enough to draw the attention of local law enforcement.

I'm not sure you read the incident right. I thought he drank, while not carrying. Went to his hotel to sober up. Packed up to go home, and then was caught.

trophyhunter

Who's cracking Jokes, As responcible Armed Citizens we are held to higher Standards. This is the kind of Situations Anti-Gunners love I can hear them now another Drunk with a Concealed Weapon.I'm not bashing him, but he should of made a better choice.

If your going to drink, leave your weapon at home. I'm sorry this happened to him, and hope all ends well for him.But I'm thinking of all CCWers not just one. As stated before What if he had to use his weapon while under the Influence.No attorney in the world could save him. Bottom line We as CCW holders always need to keep clear minds,, and bodies

And if you dont like the responces, dont post that kind of Information.

Firefighterchen

trophyhunter:222188 said:
Who's cracking Jokes, As responcible Armed Citizens we are held to higher Standards. This is the kind of Situations Anti-Gunners love I can hear them now another Drunk with a Concealed Weapon.I'm not bashing him, but he should of made a better choice.

If your going to drink, leave your weapon at home. I'm sorry this happened to him, and hope all ends well for him.But I'm thinking of all CCWers not just one. As stated before What if he had to use his weapon while under the Influence.No attorney in the world could save him. Bottom line We as CCW holders always need to keep clear minds,, and bodies

And if you dont like the responces, dont post that kind of Information.

Again, I thought his story was, drinking not armed, sobered up, and was caught on his way home from a trip....I don't know how many of you drink. I don't drink, and this was a decision before carrying. But I don't feel its right to tell someone who has had some beers that they no longer have a right to defend themselves at all. If my wife had some wine, felt a little tipsy, and then some guy tried to break into our home, I sure hope she destroys that guy.

There are many things that can cloud judgment beyond alcohol. Medication, caffeine, sugar, etc. I agree completely we should all have clear minds, all the time. But that is not always the case, the o p original story does not put him at the bar with his weapon.

jg1967

Again, I thought his story was, drinking not armed, sobered up, and was caught on his way home from a trip....I don't know how many of you drink. I don't drink, and this was a decision before carrying. But I don't feel its right to tell someone who has had some beers that they no longer have a right to defend themselves at all. If my wife had some wine, felt a little tipsy, and then some guy tried to break into our home, I sure hope she destroys that guy.

There are many things that can cloud judgment beyond alcohol. Medication, caffeine, sugar, etc. I agree completely we should all have clear minds, all the time. But that is not always the case, the o p original story does not put him at the bar with his weapon.

Some people are Puritans that want to apply what they think is right to everybody else, circumstances of the story not withstanding. There is a reason the US has tried Prohibition before.

the dark

Kasper:215582 said:
What is it with people who say don't drink if your carrying your firearm. What because I want to have a beer with my dinner that means I have to give up my right to defend myself if attacked. If police can do it then I should be able to do it. After all police are just citizens so if they are allowed to drink and carry when they are not working why is it that we can not do the same?

Quite simply, the last thing you want to do is have to shoot someone in delf-defense with a measurable BAC...or witnesses to state that you have been drinking. No matter who you are.

the dark

Terminal Lance:216033 said:
Well Kelcarry. Some of us grown ups who can handle our sh** can still function in an adequate mental and physical capacity above .08. Since half a zima impairs you to the point of incoherentness then yes you should not carry. However, a grown man with hair under his arms more than likely can have 5 beers and still make conscious decisions about their danger level while keeping in mind the parameters for lethal force set by their state. One should not have to forfeit their right to defend yourself because they had a few beers at theneighbors BBQ or what have you. You weren't wrong to carry OP, you were wrong to get caught...but it happens. I'm sure Texas is littered with pro gun/carry lawyers so just start with the first one in the phone book or ask someone around there.

All well and good, but I suspect defending yourself with a firearm with aBAC over. 08 will likely land you in some sh**...whether you claim high tolerance or not. Just as with DUI, they are simply going to go by rule...and that universally .08.

Firefighterchen

the dark:222341 said:
Kasper:215582 said:
What is it with people who say don't drink if your carrying your firearm. What because I want to have a beer with my dinner that means I have to give up my right to defend myself if attacked. If police can do it then I should be able to do it. After all police are just citizens so if they are allowed to drink and carry when they are not working why is it that we can not do the same?

Quite simply, the last thing you want to do is have to shoot someone in delf-defense with a measurable BAC...or witnesses to state that you have been drinking. No matter who you are.

Isn't shooting someone in self defense the last thing you want to do in any shooting? Its a last resort to save life.

Firefighterchen

the dark:222343 said:
Terminal Lance:216033 said:
Well Kelcarry. Some of us grown ups who can handle our sh** can still function in an adequate mental and physical capacity above .08. Since half a zima impairs you to the point of incoherentness then yes you should not carry. However, a grown man with hair under his arms more than likely can have 5 beers and still make conscious decisions about their danger level while keeping in mind the parameters for lethal force set by their state. One should not have to forfeit their right to defend yourself because they had a few beers at theneighbors BBQ or what have you. You weren't wrong to carry OP, you were wrong to get caught...but it happens. I'm sure Texas is littered with pro gun/carry lawyers so just start with the first one in the phone book or ask someone around there.

All well and good, but I suspect defending yourself with a firearm with aBAC over. 08 will likely land you in some sh**...whether you claim high tolerance or not. Just as with DUI, they are simply going to go by rule...and that universally .08.

Op never stated official bac.

Agent Green

Banned
So much for the "permit holders are law abiding good guys" thing.

If the OP was drinking and carrying he should be charged accordingly and have his permit revoked. Period.

Firefighterchen

Agent Green:222440 said:
So much for the "permit holders are law abiding good guys" thing.

If the OP was drinking and carrying he should be charged accordingly and have his permit revoked. Period.

He was not drinking and carrying.

fudo

You are a big boy, do what you think is right, but be advised that in some states drinking while CCW is highly illegal,in some states it's legal, but in every state it's stupid. If you have to shoot someone in self defense, and you have been drinking, you will, in all probability, have your judgement, intelligence, and your tactical need to fire, will all be called into question, you will be charged with negligent homicide at the least, and turn a righteous shoot into thousands of dollars in fines, possible time locked in a small cage with a guy named Tyrone(who wants to know you better)and be separated from your family for a long time.
And then there's the civil suit,...but you get it, right? Just how important is that beer?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyvaaprilia