Unarmed Coffee Shop Waitress Nabs Fleeing Bank Robbery Suspect

HK4U

I want her on my side.

Link Removed

Unarmed Coffee Shop Waitress Nabs Fleeing Bank Robbery Suspect
Saturday, October 04, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

An unarmed coffee shop waitress in Hillborough County, Fla., tackled and subdued an alleged armed robber after he hit the Valrico State Bank on Friday, Bay News 9 reported.

The Da Silva’s Coffee Shop employee had been trained in Germany as a police officer, but she was only half the size of the suspect she took down.

Local police said suspect Jeffrey Merritt, 44, ran past Da Silva’s on the way to his getaway car after robbing the bank.

The waitress — the Tampa Tribune reports she wished to remain unidentified — reportedly saw Merritt running with something and looking behind him. She chased him down, yelling, “Freeze or I’m going to shoot” and then tackled him.

She did not have a gun, but the bluff worked, and the suspect surrendered.

"I knew she was a trained officer, but I didn't know what that really meant," Karen Raga, a co-worker, told The Tampa Tribune.

Bystanders then helped the waitress sit on Merritt until police arrived.

very nice.. that reminds me of a time when 2 cops were hunting down a suspect who was hiding in the woods somewhere.. they were not for sure if he was even in the area. but one of the cops said "come out before we set the dog free". then one of the cops made a dog bark sound. and the suspect came out and said "call the dogs off"... just goes to show how big of cowards a lot of these bad guys are.

Wow! Just imagine what she would have been able to do with a gun! I could definitely see myself married to someone like her!

Love this story! What to do in case you're in one of those unarmed victim zones . . . :rolleyes: Hope if anyone has a run in with a criminal, you get one as bright as this guy.

Love this story! What to do in case you're in one of those unarmed victim zones . . . :rolleyes: Hope if anyone has a run in with a criminal, you get one as bright as this guy.

I agree. It always helps to learn unarmed self defense techniques, just in case you're in a victim disarmament zone that you absolutely have to be in.

I'm glad that this didn't turn into a bad situation where the BG decided to pull a "suicide by cop" by calling her bluff. Hate so see how it could have turned out if the BG was armed.

It was a "good" ending, but not something I would have done.

gf

I'm glad that this didn't turn into a bad situation where the BG decided to pull a "suicide by cop" by calling her bluff. Hate so see how it could have turned out if the BG was armed.

It was a "good" ending, but not something I would have done.

gf

It's nice to know that there are people who would, though.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back