Ulster County News

Sights on Target

I figured I would post a thread specifically for Ulster County news and events.

Took the wife out for dinner tonight and then ended up stopping at the mall before I headed up to Gander to pick up a pistol from the gunsmith. I am not sure when it happened, but the signs have changed at the mall. Before, if you were "allowed by law," you could carry a weapon. NOW...the sign reads "weapons prohibited except for law-enforcement only."

''Accord Man Punched and Kicked Girlfriend, Held Gun to her Head, Police Say"

By The Daily Freeman

ACCORD — A 37-year-old man was in jail Saturday after punching and kicking his girlfriend, holding a gun to her head and trying to flee with the couple’s three children, according to police.

The Ulster County Sheriff’s Office said Michael John Hasenflue became involved in a dispute with a girlfriend about 11:15 p.m. Friday in their home at 4653 U.S. Route 209 in Accord. During the fight, Hasenflue punched and kicked the woman and then put a .22-caliber pistol to her head, deputies said. He then tried to leave with the children, they said.

The Sheriff’s Office said deputies arrived in time to find Hasenflue still in the driveway with the children, and he was taken into custody.

The children — who were not identified by either name or age — were not physically harmed, deputies said. The Sheriff’s Office also did not identify the girlfriend or say whether she was badly hurt in the altercation with Hasenflue.

During their investigation, deputies said, they discovered Hasenflue was a convicted felon and that the pistol he used on Friday had been stolen from a vehicle in Saugerties last July.

Deputies also reported finding crack cocaine on Hasenflue at the time of his arrest.

The Sheriff’s Office said Hasenflue was charged with felony counts of criminal possession of a weapon, menacing and criminal possession of stolen property; and misdemeanor counts of assault, criminal possession of a controlled substance and endangering the welfare of a child.

He was arraigned in Marbletown Court and sent to the Ulster County Jail without bail. He is to appear in Rochester Town Court at 6 p.m. Wednesday.

Link Removed

"NRA personal Protection Outside The Home" offered at a discount to USA Carry members

"NRA personal Protection Outside The Home" offered at a discount to USA Carry members.

Next class 3/19/11 and 3/20/11 in Plattekill, NY. Cost for USA members is $150, regular price $275. Three NRA certified instructors and one SWAT instructor on the line. NRA certificates provided for both the basic and advanced courses. PM me for more information. We're gettin' full and registration closes 3/15/11.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back