Ulster County Application

Plattekill rod & gun club - I remember a few years ago when I was surveying for my father-in-law. We were doing a survey for the Plattekill Post office and a gentleman approached me asking if I wanted to do some side work finding monumentation for the Rod & Gun clubs property lines. At the time I was unable, I wonder if you guys got that squared away. Right now I have access to some farm property with a nice 2 tier gravel pit that my buddy and I go shooting. I am not adverse to checking out the rod & gun club though! I like the idea of having some extra knowledge and experience around.

I believe it was done. There were some property line issues and new houses were built bordering on the range. The builder tried to get the range shut down over noise/safety but the club won. Who would build a house within a few hundred feet of a gun range?

They are all doing interviews. I had mine today. The Judge will now only issue concealed carry if you are in the security business or carry large amounts of cash. He approved me for a restricted license today.
Your restricted permit is still for concealed carry (unless you specifically requested a premise permit). You may load and conceal the gun prior to leaving your home, while traveling to your sport or whatever and while returning. The judge will give a wide berth on this carry, holding you to human standards. You may make minor stops along the way, just keep the gun concealed.

I suggest you wait 6-8 months, take the NRA Course "Personal Protection Outside The Home (basic & advanced)" and request an amendment to remove your restrictions. You can PM me for info on our permit upgrade recommendations and our schedule for this class in Ulster (next class 6/25-6/26 in Plattekill, NY). We have a good track record in Ulster for getting restrictions lifted. Deep discounts apply to USA Carry members on all classes.

[email protected]

Just received an email response from Maureen today at the pistol department that my permit is in. I plan on going to the sheriff's dept. with the receipt of the Glock Gen4 26 that I paid for a few months ago and then it is off to Hopewell Junction to pick it up. Taking the NRA PPITH this weekend so it is perfect timing. Handed in the completed application Jan 14th, had my interview with Judge Cahill April 18th, and picking up my unrestricted license June 3rd. Felt like a long time but I guess less than it could have been.

Just some FYI to those waiting for what seems to be an eternity. Maureen told me earlier today when I picked up my permit that what used to take 2-3 weeks for the mental health check is now around 3 months. Due to budget cuts, manpower is down so there is a back log. She has a stack of about 100 files she can't send to the courts because she hasn't received the mental health chaecks back since March. Glad I got in under the wire.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back