U.S. Military Preparing for Domestic Disturbances

HK4U

We have been hearing this a lot lately. Seems the powers that be are getting us ready to accept this.

Link Removed

U.S. Military Preparing for Domestic Disturbances

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 1:14 PM

By: Jim Meyers Article Font Size

A new report from the U.S. Army War College discusses the use of American troops to quell civil unrest brought about by a worsening economic crisis.

The report from the War College’s Strategic Studies Institute warns that the U.S. military must prepare for a “violent, strategic dislocation inside the United States” that could be provoked by “unforeseen economic collapse” or “loss of functioning political and legal order.”

Entitled “Known Unknowns: Unconventional ‘Strategic Shocks’ in Defense Strategy Development,” the report was produced by Nathan Freier, a recently retired Army lieutenant colonel who is a professor at the college — the Army’s main training institute for prospective senior officers.

He writes: “To the extent events like this involve organized violence against local, state, and national authorities and exceed the capacity of the former two to restore public order and protect vulnerable populations, DoD [Department of Defense] would be required to fill the gap.”

Freier continues: “Widespread civil violence inside the United States would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order … An American government and defense establishment lulled into complacency by a long-secure domestic order would be forced to rapidly divest some or most external security commitments in order to address rapidly expanding human insecurity at home.”

International Monetary Fund Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn warned last week of riots and unrest in global markets if the ongoing financial crisis is not addressed and lower-income households are beset with credit constraints and rising unemployment, the Phoenix Business Journal reported.

Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma and Rep. Brad Sherman of California disclosed that Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson discussed a worst-case scenario as he pushed the Wall Street bailout in September, and said that scenario might even require a declaration of martial law.

The Army College report states: “DoD might be forced by circumstances to put its broad resources at the disposal of civil authorities to contain and reverse violent threats to domestic tranquility. Under the most extreme circumstances, this might include use of military force against hostile groups inside the United States.

“Further, DoD would be, by necessity, an essential enabling hub for the continuity of political authority in a multi-state or nationwide civil conflict or disturbance.”

He concludes this section of the report by observing: “DoD is already challenged by stabilization abroad. Imagine the challenges associated with doing so on a massive scale at home."

As Newsmax reported earlier, the Defense Department has made plans to deploy 20,000 troops nationwide by 2011 to help state and local officials respond to emergencies.

The 130-year-old Posse Comitatus Act restricts the military’s role in domestic law enforcement. But a 1994 Defense Department Directive allows military commanders to take emergency actions in domestic situations to save lives, prevent suffering or mitigate great property damage, according to the Business Journal.

And Gen. Tommy Franks, who led the U.S. military operations to liberate Iraq, said in a 2003 interview that if the U.S. is attacked with a weapon of mass destruction, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

And Gen. Tommy Franks, who led the U.S. military operations to liberate Iraq, said in a 2003 interview that if the U.S. is attacked with a weapon of mass destruction, the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government.

gee thanks Gen. Franks for being a real patriot.

This coming to pass is not at all far fetched. Look at the problems in the east now with the ice storms. People unprepared and panicing Problem is, if we fall into a truely nation wide colapse, the 20,000 troops they say they have ready will not even come close to what will be needed to "control" the problems that arise. picture all the major cities: LA, Boston, NYC, Chicago, Houston.........etc etc. falling one after the other into this economic disaster. Glad I live in the country.:butcher:

This coming to pass is not at all far fetched. Look at the problems in the east now with the ice storms. People unprepared and panicing Problem is, if we fall into a truely nation wide colapse, the 20,000 troops they say they have ready will not even come close to what will be needed to "control" the problems that arise. picture all the major cities: LA, Boston, NYC, Chicago, Houston.........etc etc. falling one after the other into this economic disaster. Glad I live in the country.:butcher:

I don't know what state on the east cost you are talking about. But in my state no one went nuts. It was the other way around. People come together and helped each other with cleaning up, heat,food,water, place to stay and so on. So to say the whole east coat "Panicing" and people unprepared is not a fair statement for the whole east. Maybe in S*** states like NJ and a few others did. But up around here people came together and opened there homes/hearts to each other in a time of need.

I don't know what state on the east cost you are talking about. But in my state no one went nuts. It was the other way around. People come together and helped each other with cleaning up, heat,food,water, place to stay and so on. So to say the whole east coat "Panicing" and people unprepared is not a fair statement for the whole east. Maybe in S*** states like NJ and a few others did. But up around here people came together and opened there homes/hearts to each other in a time of need.

dont take it personally.........it was a wide brush. If the SHTF though I think everyone will be surprised.
I do remember one particular story where people were taking their cars and blocking utility trucks from doing thier jobs because "they wanted" what they thought they should have before the crews left to do their jobs so everyone would be helped. Like I said, dont take it personal, it wasnt directed at you.

IF we do not have enough troops that will not be a problem. I am sure the U.N. will be happy to send some.

I've been hearing about the military and U.N. being used in this capacity for year, and it has yet to come to pass. What makes us think it's going to happen now?

I've been hearing about the military and U.N. being used in this capacity for year, and it has yet to come to pass. What makes us think it's going to happen now?

For many many years the international bankers i.e. House of Rothschild tried to gain control of our monetary system but never could. Then one day in 1913 on Jekyle Island off of Georgia a plan was hatched and later a bill pushed through congress that turned the control of our monetary system over to them. It was and is known as the federal reserve. I am sure a lot of people thought and said up until that time that it would never happen. Also there was plans formulated for the insidious League of Nations. It was shot down and I am sure a lot of people thought this beast would never see the light of day. Guess what? It was revived after WW11 and called the United Nations. It took years to come to pass but it happened. So now we can pretend the next step can't happen just because it has been a long time coming. We can deny and pretend all we want or we can face reality and as I have said before do what ever we can to prepare ourselves mentally, materially, physically and most importantly spiritually for what we may be facing in the months and years ahead.

Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it. Patrick Henry

If and when martial law comes to our streets (as a result of a WMD attack or otherwise) and "the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government" per Franks, then it will be every man for himself. When posse comitatus is discarded, then the only law will be us. This country will not be the United States of America any longer...no Constitution, no country.

Remember New Orleans after Katrina? That's just a bitter taste of what will happen. And people wonder why we are stocking up on arms? A ho-brainer if ever there was one.

If and when martial law comes to our streets (as a result of a WMD attack or otherwise) and "the Constitution will likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government" per Franks, then it will be every man for himself. When posse comitatus is discarded, then the only law will be us. This country will not be the United States of America any longer...no Constitution, no country.

Remember New Orleans after Katrina? That's just a bitter taste of what will happen. And people wonder why we are stocking up on arms? A ho-brainer if ever there was one.

Do you also remember 9/11 and what came out of it? Basically the Patriot Act and new restrictions that made it harder to get on an airplane. Other than that, has life really changed for the typical American all that significantly since then? If the 9/11 attacks didn't do it, then I doubt that someone just talking it up will do it either.

Do you also remember 9/11 and what came out of it? Basically the Patriot Act and new restrictions that made it harder to get on an airplane. Other than that, has life really changed for the typical American all that significantly since then? If the 9/11 attacks didn't do it, then I doubt that someone just talking it up will do it either.

9/11 DID do it, and you just posted the results. The first attempt I made to go to the airport at FLL resulted in my being stopped by armed soldiers, not LEOs. I and my passengers had to get out of the car, and it was searched, including the glove box and the trunk. Mirrors were slid under the car to check for bombs.

Port Everglades, which is a major cruise port, got locked down. People like myself used to use it as a short-cut from US1 to the beach - now the entrance is manned by - you guessed it - military. Want to get past them? Good luck. The port is now closed, with one entrance that goes directly to the cruise ships. A popular restaurant in the port overlooking the Intracoastal had to close because there was now no access.

And you mentioned the Patriot Act. Have you ever studied the Patriot Act? Real patriots have been trying to have that repealed ever since it was enacted. Do you know the powers that it gives to the federal government? Would you like to find out?

9/11 was a wake-up call, and we have been extremely lucky that there hasn't been a real follow-up since. But we have surrendered a lot of our freedoms as it is because of that attack, and after the next one, we probably won't have any more. Doesn't the possibility of scrapping the Constitution scare you in the least? I sure as hell scares me, and it is NOT impossible under the circumstances we are facing today.

Should terrorists ever get their hands on a functioning nuclear device and use it to destroy a major U.S. city, you better believe change will come. You think 9/11 resulted in some restrictions just wait. Will the military be used to stop riots and "restore order"? Most definitely.

9/11 DID do it, and you just posted the results. The first attempt I made to go to the airport at FLL resulted in my being stopped by armed soldiers, not LEOs. I and my passengers had to get out of the car, and it was searched, including the glove box and the trunk. Mirrors were slid under the car to check for bombs.

Port Everglades, which is a major cruise port, got locked down. People like myself used to use it as a short-cut from US1 to the beach - now the entrance is manned by - you guessed it - military. Want to get past them? Good luck. The port is now closed, with one entrance that goes directly to the cruise ships. A popular restaurant in the port overlooking the Intracoastal had to close because there was now no access.

And you mentioned the Patriot Act. Have you ever studied the Patriot Act? Real patriots have been trying to have that repealed ever since it was enacted. Do you know the powers that it gives to the federal government? Would you like to find out?

9/11 was a wake-up call, and we have been extremely lucky that there hasn't been a real follow-up since. But we have surrendered a lot of our freedoms as it is because of that attack, and after the next one, we probably won't have any more. Doesn't the possibility of scrapping the Constitution scare you in the least? I sure as hell scares me, and it is NOT impossible under the circumstances we are facing today.

9/11 did indeed trigger something, but not IT. Are we still not free to criticize the government if we choose? Are Muslims still not free to worship in Mosques without fear that the government will step in and shut them down? While 9/11 did indeed change some things, most Americans are able to do all the things they were able to do prior to the attacks.

9/11 did indeed trigger something, but not IT. Are we still not free to criticize the government if we choose? Are Muslims still not free to worship in Mosques without fear that the government will step in and shut them down? While 9/11 did indeed change some things, most Americans are able to do all the things they were able to do prior to the attacks.

Yeah, except travel with ease, walk into a courthouse or an airport with a fingernail file in your pocket, go watch the ball drop in Times Square with a backpack or a couple of beers, buy a few bags of fertilizer without a background check... Shall I continue? Read the Patriot Act. Of course, if you don't do anything but pick your butt, you wouldn't know about all of the freedoms we have ALREADY lost as a result of 9/11. And after the next attack, what do you think will happen? What are you going to do when martial law is declared, and you cannot leave your house after 6 PM due to the curfew? When you need permission to buy gasoline

And because we're so damned PC, Muslims can wear a burkah during a driver's license photo shoot, but Christians can be arrested on a public sidewalk for hate speech for quoting the Bible.

You seem to think that this country could never go 'postal' at some point, and I'm telling you that it is a very real possibility. Do not discount it, or you will be unprepared for the future.

Because it has not happened real fast as in over night I am afraid many do not see what is happening. As I have said before, like the frog in water. It is true that we have more freedom than most other nations. It is also true that we by no means are as free as we once were.

Unfortunately , I agree the trend is no longer just a vision of a bunch of loony paranoid OCD rednecks. The current administration is actively pushing too hard against the will of a free people. As to my own reality, everything I have and receive comes directly from the federal government. If they decide to cut me off I’m screwed. If they decide to impose marshal law, we may all be screwed. Personally, I’m already considering an exit plan if things really do go belly up. Damn, I can’t believe I actually typed these words and worst yet; I have a somewhat fearful belief that it could actually come to pass ~

I also have no doubt that my post and personal data may well end up on some big-brother watch list. In this case, I hope that my grammar and spelling is correct.
Regards,

Unfortunately , I agree the trend is no longer just a vision of a bunch of loony paranoid OCD rednecks. The current administration is actively pushing too hard against the will of a free people. As to my own reality, everything I have and receive comes directly from the federal government. If they decide to cut me off I’m screwed. If they decide to impose marshal law, we may all be screwed. Personally, I’m already considering an exit plan if things really do go belly up. Damn, I can’t believe I actually typed these words and worst yet; I have a somewhat fearful belief that it could actually come to pass ~

I also have no doubt that my post and personal data may well end up on some big-brother watch list. In this case, I hope that my grammar and spelling is correct.
Regards,

Don't sweat it, brother, you're in good company! :biggrin:

Right, this administration has moved very fast. And they're telling us that we'll get used to healthcare and soon we'll love it. Sounds like a rapist telling his victim "you'll be begging for me not to pull out in a minute".

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back