Two Students Expelled For Guns In School

Recently two local high school students were arrested and expelled for having unloaded guns on campus. Under Georgia law this is understandable, however, the media put a somewhat biased twist on it when they reported:

"Schools are a microcosm of society; therefore, they reflect the communities in which we live. Unfortunately, education is not exempt from harmful societal issues.”

In wording it this way they make it sound as if carrying a weapon is a "harmful" issue in society in general. As I stated in earlier posts I believe more and more of this type of reporting will pop up to try and sway the public into supporting gun control. Thoughts?

When I was a kid in Texas and Oklahoma, a shotgun or rifle on a gun rack in your pickup was quite common even in a shcool parking lot. Now that is against the law in most areas. I do not know the facts in this case but kids do not need a gun in schools but I see no reason why parents with CHL should be bared from carrying or teachers eather.

When I was a kid in Texas and Oklahoma, a shotgun or rifle on a gun rack in your pickup was quite common even in a shcool parking lot. Now that is against the law in most areas. I do not know the facts in this case but kids do not need a gun in schools but I see no reason why parents with CHL should be bared from carrying or teachers eather.

Both guns were found in book bags within school buildings after a student had gone to administration and reported it. One was a .357 and the other was a semi-automatic of "unknown" caliber and a knife was found also. No violence was expected and one of the students said he had taken the gun from an uncle that had threatened his family. Both guns were unloaded. In Georgia it is illegal for students to posses weapons within 1000 feet of school property. It is illegal for anyone to carry a weapon into school buildings. My main point though is the way it was reported. Why is carrying a weapon a "societal problem"?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with keeping the children from carrying guns in the school but editorial slanting is yellow journalism.

As noted in the last couple of days, Harrison, TX school district made it through their first year of allowing teachers and other administrators to CC with, brace yourselves, NO BLOODBATHS! I know, strange but true, the guns made no overtly threatening moves since the school board voted to allow them in the schools.

Nothing surprising about the slant the liberal media put on it. Their bias is all to obvious.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back