Turnaround time for New Mexico 4 Year concealed carry renewals

brcombs

Does anyone have an idea how long it is taking for the 4 year renewals to be processed and returned?

I have not had to go through the four year renewal yet, my two year is coming up pretty quick, and I am hoping the legislators abolish the two year testing requirement. Anyhow, back to the original question. Since they (NMDPS) are processing a four year renewal like a brand new permit, expect it to take 30-90+ days. My initial permit took just over 4 months to be sent out to me.

I dropped off an application and without asking the gal said, "it is averaging 30-90 days to receive your permit in the mail".

I will update how long it actually takes.

As I recall, it too approximately 4 weeks for my last renewal.

BTW, as regards the two year re-qualification, the instructor will
send in the results and you won't get a new certificat from the DPS.

Enjoy!

Exactly 1 month later, got it in the mail. Has a typo in my name though. Not good. I hope when I notify them of that, that they don't take it away and make me wait another month.

Exactly 1 month later, got it in the mail. Has a typo in my name though. Not good. I hope when I notify them of that, that they don't take it away and make me wait another month.
It should only take a few days. It happened to me 4 years ago. They had a typo and I called them. They said to send back the bad one and they would send me a new one. I ended up with 2 because they sent one out the day I called, and then sent another one out when they received the bad one back!
Once you're approved, it is just changing it in their computer. :biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back