Turkey Hunting

Moogie

I live in Western PA near Butler. Have the opportunity to use a friends land to go Turkey hunting. During deer season, we saw quite a few walk by the blind. Any good ideas on the proper budget gun, loads etc.? Appreciate the advice/feedback

Remington 870 is a good gun. Along with a turkey load. How much are you looking to spend?

I am also from Western PA. Beaver County actually. .

I'm in northern Allegheny Co.... howdy neighbors.

I use a Mossberg 500 20 gauge with turkey loads. The 500 came with a rifled barrel and scope as well. The whole set up recently was about $250 new.

The Rem 870 Daws mentioned is also a real good firearm.

Also, welcome to both of you to the forums.

Any 12 ga. with an extra full choke will work, I like a semi auto so there is less kick, something like a remington 1100. A shorter barrel is easyer to work with in a ground blind. Three inch shells are the most you will need unless you don't mind a gun that kills on both ends. You should pattern your shotgun before you hunt so you know the effective kill range and then call your bird that close or closer.Good luck and safe hunting.

Any 12 ga. with an extra full choke will work, I like a semi auto so there is less kick, something like a remington 1100. A shorter barrel is easyer to work with in a ground blind. Three inch shells are the most you will need unless you don't mind a gun that kills on both ends. You should pattern your shotgun before you hunt so you know the effective kill range and then call your bird that close or closer.Good luck and safe hunting.

Unfortunately, PA Game Commission does not let us shoot with anything semi-auto for hunting purposes.

I live in TN. sorry I didn't know the PA. regulations. I like the remington 870 if you want a pump.

No problem Charlie... it's our stupid regulation, but PA with its 1 million + registered hunters keep bolt action rifle sales in the game. LOL.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back