TulAmmo Brass Maxx .223

AndeyHall

Discovered this stuff at walmart today and per round, it's the cheapest stuff out there in brass. Anybody have any experience with it to know if it's any good or not? If it is i'm gonna keep buying it as long as they keep selling it. If it's crap then i'll stick with federal.

I've tried it, and it worked great for me. I wasn't sure at first, but took a chance when a bunch came in to Wally'sMart a few months ago. I'd definitely buy it again.

Last edited:
I've tried it, and it worked great for me. I wasn't sure at first, but took a chance when a bunch came in to Wally'sMart a few months ago. I'd definitely buy it again.
Good to hear cause it's cheaper than anything around so I'll probably keep buying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

I have not used the .223 but used their 9 mm in my handgun. I was warned by friends that it might not cycle well as they had had some problem with jamming but I had no problems with it with the exception that it is "dirtier" but that is easy to fix with a good cleaning after going to the range.

I have not used the .223 but used their 9 mm in my handgun. I was warned by friends that it might not cycle well as they had had some problem with jamming but I had no problems with it with the exception that it is "dirtier" but that is easy to fix with a good cleaning after going to the range.

It can't be dirtier than steel. Cause that's mostly what I shoot now.

It can't be dirtier than steel. Cause that's mostly what I shoot now.
It IS steel. I have used many boxes of TulAmmo in both 9mm and 380 and have had zero problems with it other than indoor rangers not allowing it!! I don't find it particularly dirty ...at least not as bad as lead ball in my .45 LC.

It IS steel. I have used many boxes of TulAmmo in both 9mm and 380 and have had zero problems with it other than indoor rangers not allowing it!! I don't find it particularly dirty ...at least not as bad as lead ball in my .45 LC.
It's not steel. It's called BRASS Maxx...

I've also used the BRASSMax 9mm by TulAmmo, using several of the 100 round plastic "cans" from Wal-Mart (around $22 - close to what 9mm should cost). They've worked great for me so far; not one bad one yet. To be honest though there were two manufacturing defects. In two of those plastic cans, I received 102 rounds instead of the stated 100, but I think I can live with that.

It's called BRASS Maxx
?? Must be different kinds of TulAmmo. The TulAmmo I buy is steel. The box says "steel cased". It is attracted by a magnet. And the cases will rust after being on the ground awhile at an outdoor range.

?? Must be different kinds of TulAmmo. The TulAmmo I buy is steel. The box says "steel cased". It is attracted by a magnet. And the cases will rust after being on the ground awhile at an outdoor range.

Yeah and it's a red and black box. That's the steel. The Brass Maxx is a regular looking white box.
eta2usam.jpg

Just put 50 rounds of it through my .45 last weekend. No misfires, FTE, etc, but it is very dirty. Just clean your gun when you're done.

I've had good luck with it in 9mm. You'll also notice its made in Italy, not Russia and I've heard rumors its made by fiocchi. I can't confirm that though. Still seems to be good stuff.

Has anyone tried resizing the brass yet? I wonder if it would actually work or if it would just crack...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back