Troll Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJFlash

We've had troll issues in the past wherein several trolls have managed to get themselves banned from the site. Currently, we still have an active troll who, I'm convinced, just visits the site to antagonize people. While I don't mind good healthy argument, and have even conceded a point now and then, I don't care for squabbling over the net like a bunch of little kids.

I think: a) we should not be pestering Lukem and Amdude about this; and b) we should develop our own "troll management scenario". My proposal is twofold. If you can, just ignore them. Some of us, including me, find that hard to do since they can piss you off to no end. If you can, great. If you really want to respond to their bullsh#t, then talk around them. Don't respond to them directly, but reference another poster with your response to the troll's post. I'm thinking that when they are either totally ignored, or never responded to directly, they'll eventually get tired of their little games and depart the site. Hope so, anyway.

We have important issues before us, in this country, as regards all of our Constitutional rights, and I'm only interested in discussing them with folks who can respond in thoughtful, adult, fashion. Just me.

I have no trouble using the "New Post" Link and checking Who had the last Post. I will skip a Thread with a last post by a "Troll" who is also on my Ignore List and when I get caught Up, Under the Quick Link Menu, Mark Forum Read.

I am here to learn, and meet new friends with the same values about Sidearms. LukeM has more than fulfilled his obligation to those means. I have also learned that Florida and Ohio have the best soil for growing All kinds of weapons. I have met with 4 others and am looking forward to meeting more people to built friendships that will carry me thru till I make my transition to heaven.

The Good in this Site does Outweigh the "Troll" or two.

DontFeedtheTrolls.jpg

:biggrin:

I agree. I have a couple of what I would term career trolls on the ignore list. The more of us that do that the less they will be able to annoy others. Pretty soon having no one that can even see the trash they post and no one to respond to it perhaps they will leave and crawl back under the rock they came out of. None of us will ever agree 100% with everyone else and I am willing to give others a chance even though I do not always agree but when the pattern becomes clear that they are not interested in sharing information but are only and inciter then it is time for the troll list. I will not name any names, you trolls know who you are.

I agree. The trolls are getting out of hand. Like I'm in this one thread asking legitimate questions about Christianity and expressing my thoughts on an issue, and people are calling me names because I don't agree with their views. Name-calling and personal attacks shouldn't be tolerated.

I agree. The trolls are getting out of hand. Like I'm in this one thread asking legitimate questions about Christianity and expressing my thoughts on an issue, and people are calling me names because I don't agree with their views. Name-calling and personal attacks shouldn't be tolerated.

Agreed..

I think we should just add the below sign to the home page. When trolls see it they will know this is a troll free zone and stay out. I mean the no gun signs work great at creating gun free zones..... right?!?!

150px-No-Troll1.png

Are you referring to the post where you and George Carlin called my faith "bullshit"?

Look, son, you catch a lot more flies with honey than vinegar, take it from an old adult (most of whom you consider "idiots", remember?). If you want to be taken seriously and participate in legitimate discussion, you're best advised to lose the shrill diatribes first. I don't expect anyone to agree with everything I say, in fact, you can disagree with all that I say, and I'm fine with it. But, if you lead, basically, with "anyone who is a Christian is an imbecile", then you look foolish and I, and others, get our backs up.

So, welcome to the site, and I hope you can grow to appreciate all the Patriots on the site, including the Christians.

Are you referring to the post where you and George Carlin called my faith "bullshit"?

Look, son, you catch a lot more flies with honey than vinegar, take it from an adult (most of whom you consider "idiots", remember?). If you want to be taken seriously and participate in legitimate discussion, you're best advised to lose the shrill diatribes first. I don't expect anyone to agree with everything I say, in fact, you can disagree with all that I say, and I'm fine with it. But, if you lead, basically, with "anyone who is a Christian is an imbecile", then you look foolish and I, and others, get our backs up.

So, welcome to the site, and I hope you can grow to appreciate all the Patriots on the site, including the Christians.

No, I was referring to my questions about Christianity and the things about it that make no sense to me, and my question about why no one else seems to think it's weird to go to an Arab festival and not expect trouble when you preach fire and brimstone. Yes, I do believe that Christianity is "bullshit" and that most people older than me don't have a clue about how the real world works, but these were statements, not personal attacks. From thereon, you and everyone else in the thread began calling me a troll. That's what I call "name-calling" and is a little immature. It would be different if you said you thought my ideas were "bullshit" in return.

Comprende?

No, I was referring to my questions about Christianity and the things about it that make no sense to me, and my question about why no one else seems to think it's weird to go to an Arab festival and not expect trouble when you preach fire and brimstone. Yes, I do believe that Christianity is "bullshit" and that most people older than me don't have a clue about how the real world works, but these were statements, not personal attacks. From thereon, you and everyone else in the thread began calling me a troll. That's what I call "name-calling" and is a little immature. It would be different if you said you thought my ideas were "bullshit" in return.

Comprende?

Oh, I "comprende" all too well...Let me see, Christianity is bullshit, yet you have a serious personal quest to understand it better. Do I have that right? And let's see, you're 22 yrs old and you know how the world works better than people who have lived, fought, worked, paid taxes, and supported families for decades longer than you? Yeah, I comprende, alright.

Oh, don't worry about that. I criticize everything irrelevant to real life, like today's church. I don't think it has a place in today's modern society anymore, but people should still have the freedom to worship whatever they want. In all reality, I have the utmost respect for Jesus. He had a solid message of love for your fellow man; he befriended the scum of society like tax collectors and prostitutes; he literally owned nothing except for the clothes on his back; and he traveled from place to place spreading the word of God.

Now what I think is that modern religion has gone completely backwards. Churches have elaborate edifices, they take in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, they have more political clout than most politicians, they think that the idea of spreading the word of God is guilt-tripping people into believing that their own desires are hindering their lives when the exact opposite is true (like they say, "no sex until marriage," when studies show that people who're more sexually active tend to be happier, and most married people become bored of sex with their partners after a couple years).

I'm sorry, but modern Christianity is backwards. Just so you know, Jesus was not the perfect son of God. He drank, had sexual relationships with Mary Magdalene, and encouraged people to rebel against their religion (the Pharisees) and Rome. So if you look at it, modern religion has become the very Pharisees that Jesus spoke out against.

Take a good look at the world. Everything revolves around money. The government is corrupt. Everyone is out for themselves. So yes, I know exactly how the world works. There's no sugar-coating this.

Oh, don't worry about that. I criticize everything irrelevant to real life, like today's church. I don't think it has a place in today's modern society anymore, but people should still have the freedom to worship whatever they want. In all reality, I have the utmost respect for Jesus. He had a solid message of love for your fellow man; he befriended the scum of society like tax collectors and prostitutes; he literally owned nothing except for the clothes on his back; and he traveled from place to place spreading the word of God.

Now what I think is that modern religion has gone completely backwards. Churches have elaborate edifices, they take in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, they have more political clout than most politicians, they think that the idea of spreading the word of God is guilt-tripping people into believing that their own desires are hindering their lives when the exact opposite is true (like they say, "no sex until marriage," when studies show that people who're more sexually active tend to be happier, and most married people become bored of sex with their partners after a couple years).

I'm sorry, but modern Christianity is backwards. Just so you know, Jesus was not the perfect son of God. He drank, had sexual relationships with Mary Magdalene, and encouraged people to rebel against their religion (the Pharisees) and Rome. So if you look at it, modern religion has become the very Pharisees that Jesus spoke out against.

Take a good look at the world. Everything revolves around money. The government is corrupt. Everyone is out for themselves. So yes, I know exactly how the world works. There's no sugar-coating this.

OK, I"ll bite.

Glad to know you appreciate Jesus. I'm being serious, here. Maybe read more carefully some of the things He said, as recorded in Scriptures, to really get an idea of where He was coming from as per many of the other issues you presented (money, corruption, etc.). I don't care to address the "sex with Mary Magdelene", as I don't see any evidence of that. He did drink and any enlightened Christian would tell you that there is no Biblical injunction against drinking. Against drunkeness, yes. Many abstain for fear of being "stumbling blocks" to others, but others choose to imbibe intelligently. Was he a rebel? Oh, yeah. Just so ya know.

I don't disagree with your perception of many churches. This issue, too, is addressed in Scriptures. However, just be carefull not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

"guilt tripping...about our own desires"...boring sex...sex before marriage...Sex is not the end-all, be-all of our existence. FYI, I have had sex before marriage. Not proud of it, but there it is. Matter of fact, there are a whole lot of things I've done which might surprise you and of which I am not proud, but that's another topic. Here, I will say...I have been married to the same woman for 30 years and I'm not bored at all. She's been my life partner, my wife, the mother of my children and the one person I could count on, anytime, anywhere, no questions asked. She's beautiful and she loves me. What a gift!

"Everything's about money, corruption, etc." Could be. I have a pretty jaundiced view of things, myself. But, I'll tell you this: There are people I would die for, unhesitatingly, without question. There are many others like me, too. They are called "parents". I never really appreciated what love was, or got a hint of God's love for me, until I had children. Now, I know. So, for many people, it's not about money. A quest for money (if that's all it's about), or for sex, (because it's exciting) is gonna lead to heavy disappointment, IMO, somewhere down the line. Even if you (the rhetorical "you") don't believe in an afterlife, you'd miss an awful lot of good stuff (who invented "good", btw?), and good people, in the here-and-now if all you did was chase skirts and money. Maybe that's why so many people are disenchanted with life. Maybe there'd be less corruption and shit, if, you know, people focused on something more worthwhile...um...llike...wait for it...their spiritual health.

Could write for days on this stuff. Obviously, can't. Good luck, son.

Could write for days on this stuff. Obviously, can't. Good luck, son.

He's an atheist Flash, anything you explain to him goes in one ear and out the other. He's young and knows it all, remember? Regardless of what he says, don't give him place, it's that easy.

He's an atheist Flash, anything you explain to him goes in one ear and out the other. He's young and knows it all, remember? Regardless of what he says, don't give him place, it's that easy.

I'm sorry. Have we met? Do you personally know me? Oh right, don't worry about the "silly atheist." That just means more room in heaven for you, right? You sicken me, hypocrite.

...but let's not call each other names....

I'm actually quoting scripture here. Jesus called the Pharisees "hypocrites" because of their holier-than-thou attitude and love of money. They had become so caught up the politics of the day that they lost all reality of what was really important. I say that the same concept applies to most of Christianity today. There are over 1,600 sects of Christianity in the world. They rake in billions of dollars around the world, all completely untaxed. Most preachers don't have a real day job. And then you have nutjobs like this claiming to be the second coming of Christ.

YouTube - I Am the Son of God

LOOK AT THIS MAN IN THE PHILLIPINES AS HE RAKES IN THE PROFITS WHILE RIDING ON THE BACKS OF HIS IGNORANT BELIEVERS! LOOK AT HOW EASILY CHRISTIANS ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP RATIONAL THOUGHT TO ANYONE WITH FALSE PROMISES AND EXAGGERATED CLAIMS! OH PRAISE THE LORD JESUS CHRiST! HE LOVES YOU AND HE NEEDS MONEY!

I'm actually quoting scripture here. Jesus called the Pharisees "hypocrites" because of their holier-than-thou attitude and love of money.
Well, however you want to spin it, if it makes you feel better. For my part I think the thread has wandered off topic and needs to be brought back around...it's not doing any good to have it hijacked into a discussion about Christianity. If you find people on a thread talking about a subject about which you have objections, exercise your right to participate in a different thread. There's no rule that says you have to get yourself caught up in a topic with which you disagree. Change the channel! You have a right to believe what you like, and so do others. Want your views respected? Respect the views of others. That's known as "maturity".

As for trolls, we certainly seem to have our share here. I agree with the poster who thought they were here to be a deliberately disruptive influence. I consider at least a couple of them horse's asses, based on the quality of their posts, and have said as much. And we all know what to expect to come out of a horse's ass, don't we? For myself, I've chosen to place them on my "Ignore" list....I don't have to wallow in horseshit to know it's not my idea of a good time.

:help: This thread is going way :eek:fftopic: thanks to a specific forum member. I was intending to not participate in this thread (as I have refrained from participating in the thread that the forum member in question has referenced). Notice I have not mentioned the specific forum member's name, as the OP had suggested.

Some folks troll in one area, and have a tendency to drag their trolling to threads in other areas. I've seen other forums where forum members place the names of forum members on their "ignore list" in their signature block. :sarcastic: Sounds like an excellent idea, except for the fact that I have yet to place anyone on my "ignore" list. All of the form members who would have earned that distinction have already been "banned". :biggrin:

Let's keep on track here. OP, I'll see if your idea works. :wink:

gf

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back