Trip through GA and FL

Danno

I will be going on a trip to Florida in a couple of months, and will be driving through GA to get there. I cannot legally carry in GA or FL, so what are my options for car carry? I know that here in SC, I can have it in the console, or glovebox, but not sure about GA and FL.

Thanks for any help you all can give!

Florida and GA both allow unlicensed motorists to carry in either the glovebox or console. In addition, Georgia allows handguns to be carried in plain sight, but this has proven to be problematic, so just to avoid any confusion, just keep it in the console or glovebox while in Georgia.

Tattedupboy is correct. In Florida, you can have the gun loaded in your car as long as it is incased. Glove box, Center console, Gun case, ect. Unfortunately SC does not honor FL concealed permits and vise versa so you will not be able to carry concealed while in Florida.

The other big issue with not having a CCW in Florida and car carrying is school zones. You don't want to get pulled over in a school zone even legally encased in Florida without a CCW.

Thanks guys - this is great info - especially the school zone! I'll remember that for sure!

How did your trip down here work out?

I'm sure that you know by now that Florida & South Carolina now recognize each other's CCW permits.

:dance3:

Never mind. I didn't see the date and I'm sure you know that we can carry in FL now. The resurrected thread threw me off...

Last edited:
I will be going on a trip to Florida in a couple of months, and will be driving through GA to get there. I cannot legally carry in GA or FL, so what are my options for car carry? I know that here in SC, I can have it in the console, or glovebox, but not sure about GA and FL.

Thanks for any help you all can give!

Have you received a CCW permit yet?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back