Trip Around The Block on the Scooter....

BluesStringer

Les Brers
Got a chest harness phone-holder yesterday. This is the second run of a test to see how it worked. Not perfect, but not all that bad either. The mount is constantly trying to point downwards, but I'm pretty sure that's more because of the giant extended battery I have on my phone than any flaw in the design of the mount. The battery itself weighs at least twice as much as the phone, and also makes the phone at least twice as thick.

Sorry for the big bug-splatter right in the middle of the windshield. That happened on the first run. Wind noise is kinda annoying too. No idea how to prevent that. Thought the windshield would block more of it than it did, but there ya go, and now here ya go....

Isn't it unthinkable to call a Harley Davidson a "scooter"? As far as the bug on the windshield, maybe you can mount a can of "Raid" on the front fender to "clear the way". LOL.

Isn't it unthinkable to call a Harley Davidson a "scooter"?

Obviously, I ride a Harley and use the word "scooter" to refer to it, so it's perfectly "thinkable." Built my first Harley in 1974 (pictured below). Owned and/or built at least 20 since then. When selling them, the ads almost always included an allusion to "one of the fastest scooters around!" or "you'll think you will get burned if you touch the flame paint-job on this scooter!" Never has anyone ever suggested that I should self-censor my use of the word, and most everyone I know who rides uses it regularly too.

My first scooter, built from a basket case that I bought for $200 bucks at a scooter swap-meet:

1stShovel-03.jpg

Harley is in my opinion, is the ultimate motorcycle to own. Must be just your thing. Never heard Harley owners minimizing their ride before. I have a son the rides a Harley and he loves it and keeps it spotless. He says "scooters" are for little girls.

Harley is in my opinion, is the ultimate motorcycle to own. Must be just your thing. Never heard Harley owners minimizing their ride before. I have a son the rides a Harley and he loves it and keeps it spotless. He says "scooters" are for little girls.

Minimizing? What are you talking about? Do you or your son get your panties in a twist if someone refers to their Harley as a "bike" or their "hog?" How about if they refer to it as a "Milwaukee vibrator?" "Scooter" is a slang term for a Harley that is perfectly accepted and understood as a term of endearment among real bikers, which your son obviously is not. $15,000 bucks and 15 hours behind (handle)bars doesn't make you a biker. Bikers ride. Yuppies polish. This thread is about me taking my scooter out for a ride and sharing the experience with anyone wishing to enjoy it with me. Obviously that's not you, so get lost.

Blues

Blues,
Place a wind sock over the microphone and it will cut down and in some cases eliminate the noise completely. If the mic on the camera is nothing more than a pin hole then tape a small piece of foam over it. You may have to experiment with different types of foam or cloth but you should find something that will work. I use a small piece of foam with tape on both sides for my cameras.

Blue
My son rides every day. His Harley was over $18,000. Not a "scooter".

That's because he bought it off the shelf. I build most of mine from the ground up, as real bikers do. Your son is a "motorcycle enthusiast" and his $18,000 plus 15 hours behind bars still doesn't make him a biker. Bikers often refer to themselves and each other as "scooter tramps," something you would wet your panties over if he or anyone else referred to him as such. He can claim the moniker of "biker" only one way with an off-the-shelf $18,000 scooter - he's a "wallet-biker," and he and his HOG friends are usually left alone by real bikers, as long as he doesn't fly a four-piece back-patch on his $400 - $500 Harley-brand Sons of Anarchy-style vest with one of the rockers saying, "NOT IN A CLUB" and "HD-MC" where real bikers have "MC" placed. Bikers kinda frown on that type of posing. LOL

Thanks to Slick and captrick for actually contributing. Might try that Slick. It is a phone with just a pinhole in the case. I almost always use a bluetooth device for talking on the phone because the pinhole doesn't work very good at all, which is why I was a bit surprised that it works so well for picking up wind noise even from behind a windshield. My headset would pick up way more though because at 6'-6" tall, my head sits above the top of the windscreen. A little piece of foam might work, but it also might filter out the sound of the pipes, and we can't have that! Thanks for the tip in any case though. I'm headed out here in a little bit to fire up and test (with real meat) the gigantic BBQ I helped build tonight. Can't video record where I'm going, but I can test a piece of foam (if I can find one) on the way over there. I'll let you know how it works, and thanks again.

Blues

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back