Trijicon HD Night Sights

Providence Ranch

Looking to upgrade my Glock 22 from factory sights to night sights, and I am close to decided on Trijicon's HD series. I like them for their construction, the slightly higher profile, the larger cutout on the rear sight, and the fact that the irises on the rear dots are blacked out, drawing your focus to the front sight. Lots of pluses. But I was hoping to hear some feedback from those who have had some real practical experience with them. Thanks in advance for any good info out there.

I think I am going to dump my Tru-Dots for some of those fiber optic sights. The Tru-Dots are getting weak. Haven't really looked into the HD sights but I think I'll check those out too.

If you like Trijicon, please consider:

I have had Glock 22 Gen3 RTF for just over two years. I bought the factory night-sights for $100 extra. No complaints, but...

I just purchased two Glock 23's for carry - a Gen 4 RTF2 for myself, and a smooth texture Gen 3 for my wife. I paid $125 apiece to have XS Big Dot sights installed. The Big Dots have tritium vials front and back, that are manufactured by Trijicon, and they have the Trijicon name on them. Target acquisition is very fast and intuitive ("just dot the I" per the ads). My wife and I both like them better than anything we've ever used.

Your mileage may vary, but do yourself a favor and have a look.

- Mike

I asked my instructor about new sights ( glock shooting sports ) said waste of money you truly use top of the sight during the day, and point and shoot in dark ! hence waste, use extra cash for bullets ; )

I can't say I totally agree with all of that but if something makes the front sight easier to see and get on target how could it be a waste of money. Shot placement is everything. If you miss, that bullet is going to go somewhere.

During one of the low light courses I took I was the only one who had night sights. And it really made a difference when compared to the other targets. Granted it wasn't under stressful conditions but the results were impressive.

I asked my instructor about new sights ( glock shooting sports ) said waste of money you truly use top of the sight during the day, and point and shoot in dark ! hence waste, use extra cash for bullets ; )
I can't believe your instructor told you that! The trijicon is a good addition/upgrade. I have it on my Glock 23 which is my carry and practice on it. I love it. When you buy a computer don't you want to upgrade later on to keep to the phase of your work? Same with cameras and guns for that matter. Every time I upgrade, I always think I deserve it because I worked hard for it. Try telling yourself that...don't worry about what your instructor think. It's your money.

If you like Trijicon, please consider:

I have had Glock 22 Gen3 RTF for just over two years. I bought the factory night-sights for $100 extra. No complaints, but...

I just purchased two Glock 23's for carry - a Gen 4 RTF2 for myself, and a smooth texture Gen 3 for my wife. I paid $125 apiece to have XS Big Dot sights installed. The Big Dots have tritium vials front and back, that are manufactured by Trijicon, and they have the Trijicon name on them. Target acquisition is very fast and intuitive ("just dot the I" per the ads). My wife and I both like them better than anything we've ever used.

Your mileage may vary, but do yourself a favor and have a look.

- Mike

I have an XS Big Dot on my LCR. It's excellent. I have Trijicon HDs on one of my HKs. Been too lazy to put some on my other HK. I need to get off my rear end and make the change.

@B2Tall, having used both, do you prefer the Trijicon BD or the Big Dot?

The feedback has been really helpful. I cant say I agree that night sights are a complete waste of time and money. Yes, point shooting may be the thing to do, but if we are talking about a transitional light situation, or a called head shot, those little tritium lamps are going to be handy. I think I've settled on the HDs, but I am really interested on hearing more about the Big Dots that everyone keeps mentioning.

Keep it coming! Ha.

The Big Dot (front sight) is on a revolver that doesn't have an interchangeable rear sight, so I'm limited with my options there. It's infinitely better than the stock front sight but if I could I would put HDs on it. I can't so the Big Dot will have to do, and it does quite well for what it is.

Oh. It looked like you were saying you'd installed Big Dot on your two Glocks. Yeah, the rear sight is really what makes the difference. Completely different sight picture. Plus you're actually covering your point of impact, which would seem really weird to me. Don't know, never tried them.

Ordered the HDs! Paid extra to get them quick. Can't wait to get them installed and run a couple hundred rounds under them! My stock sights have me shooting about two inches high at 15 yds right now, due to an accidental drop on a hard surface. Squashed the front sight a bit, but just enough to raise the shot group. Still embarrassed about it.

Still interested in any comments on the Big Dots, as my wife, daughter and mother all shoot Glocks as well, and ill eventually be looking to upgrade their stock sights too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back