Trend toward more liberal gun laws

Perhaps you misnamed this thread. The article that you linked to demonstrates how gun laws are becoming "looser", not more liberal.

Either way, to quote Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing." :biggrin:
Hopefully we can get back to the constitutional republic that our ancestors fought and died for, without having to fight and die for it again. I'm getting tired of living in the twilight zone.

Perhaps you misnamed this thread. The article that you linked to demonstrates how gun laws are becoming "looser", not more liberal.
I fully understand that the term "liberal" may have a negative connotation with regrds to political viewpoints, and I actually did debate whether to use that term. But I think my use of the term is correct. I found a fairly wide variety of definitions and descriptions of the term "liberal, but it includes these:

not strict; free
Link Removed

Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free;
liberal - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible,
Origin:
1325–75; ME < L līberālis of freedom, befitting the free, equiv. to līber free + -ālis -al1
Liberal Definition | Definition of Liberal at Dictionary.com

Note that both liberal and liberty share the common root origin, liber

Well, that's enough of the linguistics lecture, now we can go back to talking about guns.:biggrin:

bill

There are those who believe that once a state goes 'Shall Issue CCW' further gun control becomes almost impossible. This may be the case; compare what's happening in the 40 shall issue states to what's going on in NY, CA, NJ, etc...

I fear this is is like foreplay. Gets you feeling good, then WATCH OUT. Hope I'm wrong, but there are just too many in the present government that hate the 2nd Amendment for me not to be concerned.

I fully understand that the term "liberal" may have a negative connotation with regrds to political viewpoints, and I actually did debate whether to use that term. But I think my use of the term is correct. I found a fairly wide variety of definitions and descriptions of the term "liberal, but it includes these:

not strict; free
Link Removed

Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free;
liberal - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible,
Origin:
1325–75; ME < L līberālis of freedom, befitting the free, equiv. to līber free + -ālis -al1
Liberal Definition | Definition of Liberal at Dictionary.com

Note that both liberal and liberty share the common root origin, liber

Well, that's enough of the linguistics lecture, now we can go back to talking about guns.:biggrin:

bill

Your use of the word "Liberal" is correct. Our political Liberal foes are liberal because they want to loosen the U.S. Constitution and basterdize it. Recall Bill Clinton, "I feel the Constitution should be a living, breathing document." Conservatives on the other hand, want to conserve the Constitution and keep in tact as our forefathers intended. Case in point....LIBERALS have a liberal view of the 2nd Ammendment....and what they actually have a problem with is reading comprehension!!! What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed", do they not understand? Hope that clears up the whole Liberal thing.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back