Traveling to Vermont

GG44

Hi all looking for some insight. Im from Nj going to VT for a trip and want to concealed carry there as far as i can see i can. Trying to find the travel laws for NY state is it like nj where as long as its in my trunk in a case and unloaded mag and mag out of the gun in separate cases i can travel through ny state?

Thanks!!

Advice, Stay out of NYC. The laws are enforced differently there than in the rest of the state.
Thanks for your reply. thats the plan going through jersey and up into ny not going through any of the boroughs. as for ny state pistol in case in trunk mag unloaded both mag and ammo separate from pistol? anything im missing?

Years ago I used to hunt in both Vermont and New Hampshire. So, this is a trip that I have made.

We used to avoid all but a very short run through New York State by heading straight for Connecticut, and then we'd 'shoot craps' on Massachusetts by driving, at the speed limit, straight on through.

Guns and ammo were always kept separate, and securely sealed in closed and locked cases. On some trips we'd leave all of the ammunition home, and buy the ammo when we got to our destination.

Depending upon a lot of different legal technicalities: At certain times, under certain conditions, and in certain places, the FOPA can be meaningless. So don't place too much trust in it. America is no longer 'the land of the free'. The 'home of the brave'? Maybe, but definitely not the 'land of the free'.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back