Traveling to Jersey Shore for Vaction....

usmcss

Going down the Jersey Shore from Illinois. Staying at a place their that we rented for a week.

Never lived in Jersey and don't have a permit to purchase in Jersey.

I have an XDM40 With 10rd Mag no hollow points. I do have a light/laser on it which I am assuming I will have to remove?

As long as I transport it to the rental through the state locked in the trunk with ammo in separate container locked will I be ok? Or do I need a NJ Purchase Permit to be legal with it at the rental?

Thanks!

Semper Fi!

I wouldn't bring a gun to stay in NJ. No sir. I train in NJ and the state allows transport in and out under tightly secured conditions but I don't believe you can stay overnight. You might consider calling the NJSP with this question.

do not contact the state police, do not bring your gun to NJ!
if found you will be taken to jail and prosecuted.
you are not protected by FOPA because you are staying in NJ, FOPA is for passing through, not staying.

Jersey even considers a Marlin model 60 an assault rifle because it holds more than 15 rounds of 22LR. Actually, one round too many!.....Go figure!

Wow! Won't be taking the chance of bringing a weapon into New Jersey.

Sad thing is, the Anti's are reading all of this and loving every minute of it!!!!

Well to the Anti's; the only people you are hurting in your State is law abiding citizens and people that actually want to live a free life and not be locked up. They cannot protect themselves from the only people that will be carrying a weapon which is the scumbags that could care less about laws or going to Prison!!!!! Why in the hell can't you people get that through your dam thick skulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to travel half way across country unprotected to SPEND MONEY IN YOUR COMMUNIST STATE!!!!!!! If it weren't for the fact that we vacation in your beautiful state every year to see my family from Pa, I would never step foot in it!!!!!!!
Again this is to the Anti-Gun people reading this. If you would just think logically for one dam second, you might realize that only bad guys will have the guns and the good people of New Jersey will not be able to protect themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all the good people; I hope that one day for you, things change. If they can change in Illinois, they can change anywhere! You do have a beautiful State!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi!!!

Last edited:
Wow! Won't be taking the chance of bringing a weapon into New Jersey.

Sad thing is, the Anti's are reading all of this and loving every minute of it!!!!

Well to the Anti's; the only people you are hurting in your State is law abiding citizens and people that actually want to live a free life and not be locked up. They cannot protect themselves from the only people that will be carrying a weapon which is the scumbags that could care less about laws or going to Prison!!!!! Why in the hell can't you people get that through your dam thick skulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to travel half way across country unprotected to SPEND MONEY IN YOUR COMMUNIST STATE!!!!!!! If it weren't for the fact that we vacation in your beautiful state every year to see my family from Pa, I would never step foot in it!!!!!!!
Again this is to the Anti-Gun people reading this. If you would just think logically for one dam second, you might realize that only bad guys will have the guns and the good people of New Jersey will not be able to protect themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all the good people; I hope that one day for you, things change. If they can change in Illinois, they can change anywhere! You do have a beautiful State!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi!!!
Next year consider Virginia Beach. Much nicer than NJ anyway.

Next year consider Virginia Beach. Much nicer than NJ anyway.

while VA's gun laws are more friendly than the laws in the people's republic of NJ, the demographics of that part of VA leave a lot to be desired, a compromise would be rehobeth beach de.

while VA's gun laws are more friendly than the laws in the people's republic of NJ, the demographics of that part of VA leave a lot to be desired, a compromise would be rehobeth beach de.
Brings back memories. I rented a house there for a few weeks back in the 80's. Right off the beach. The guy next door was the mayor. We drove him nuts at all hours. I remember after a long night of barhopping I pulled out of Dunkin Donuts trying not to attract the cops across the street. Looked right at them, smiled and drove off a 12" curb. "Bull-On-The-Beach" roast beef sandwiches. Definitely better than the Jersey shore.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back